ROGERS WATERS - THE WALL MOVIE September 29th

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by m4v3r1ck, Jul 11, 2015.

1. m4v3r1ck, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015

m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

THE TRUE STORY OF "LOVE - LIFE - LOSS!"

So excited that I got hold of 4 tickets for the World Premier of ROGERS WATERS - THE WALL MOVIE on September the 29th!

I saw this Live Concert in September 2013 in The Amsterdam Arena in the Netherlands. EyECANDY graphics and breathtaking sounds and Special Effects! :cool:

[​IMG]

Love to get a second round of this great show of Roger Waters and all Band & Team members!

Who will be joining me on September 29th in a theater near YOU?

[​IMG]

http://rogerwatersthewall.com/

Enjoy the movie!!!

Cheers

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

sounds interesting
    might take my kids to see it, to 'educate' them a bit with good music.

how is the show related to the original movie? ok for kids?

3. m4v3r1ck, Jul 11, 2015

m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

I did not see any official (age) rating yet in any teaser and/or trailer, will have to wait for that. Tomorrow I will check with my local theater.

Cheers

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Just because Pink Floyd was a band in the 70s, doesn't mean it was "good music"

5. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Than you don't have a clue what is good music....we are talking about rock legends....just in case you didn't know :)

6. m4v3r1ck, Jul 11, 2015

m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

OMG, here we go again! Let people express music their own way or stay away with flaring others! I don't need this BULL**** in this thread, it's about the music of Pink Floyd, not a debat about personal flavour!

I'm from 1963 ;-)

Nevertheless Cheers and Peace Out!

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I'm familiar with rock legends. Just check my avatar. Bigger legends than anyone in Pink Floyd in my opinion. And no, just because you don't like music that comes out TODAY, doesn't mean it's BAD. It just means you have a different taste.

8. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

KEEP CALM & MOVE ON?

9. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Man, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and the Wall are fantastic. The rest I can do without, but those four are UNBELIEVABLE.

10. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

The albums you named are EPIC!

Will you be attending THE WALL the movie? It was such a jaw-droppping show!

Cheers

11. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i would think Pink Floyd would be considered 'good music' by ANY reasonable standard, and 'great music' by most.
    clearly they created some of the most celebrated 'modern music' ever but of course you are entitled to your opinions.

my son (15) likes a broad range of music, including classic rock, as well as more 'contemporary' alternatives.
    he despises 'teen' pop music.
    as far as classic rock he leans towards hendrix, zeppelin and the stones, but likes floyds as well. ironically enough, he strongly dislikes the Beatles. he finds them boring and 'old', and claims it is a travesty they are even considered 'rock'. :D
    my daughter (10) is very eclectic in her music taste. she likes pretty much everything except some of the stuff her classmates 'loooove'. of course she has all the time in the world to find her own musical space, and i would never dream of interfere with that, (though i see nothing wrong in exposing her to 'some 'good stuff' ;))

obviously their taste is informed and influenced by what we listen to in the house (mostly classic rock, punk, some classic, world music, jazz, little hiphop, some top 40 radio just to keep up with the times :)) but they are totally free to explore so i am sure they'll find their own soon.

i am pretty sure my son would like the show, while i am not sure about my daughter.
    what i am worried about is not the music, but rather the visual content. i obviously would not let my daughter see the original "the wall" movie, and probably not even my son.
    but since this is a show about the live show, it could be quite different.
    @m4v3r1ck , what would be your take based on the show you saw?

12. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Hi Don't panic,

I saw Roger Waters - THE WALL Live in Amsterdam. There sure were some strong graphic visuals in this show, like Roger using a machine gun (see trailer above) and of course all the graphics by British cartoonist Gerald Scarfe.

[​IMG]

It is a dark movie and as the live show is a very good 'copy' of this movie, it's dark too sometimes.

I don't know how mature your 15 year old son is regarding to handling and judging all the things kids nowadays see on the internet etc. like the videos by Pink Floyd. It depends on what you want him to see or not, and of course what the age rating will be.

IMO the movie will for sure not be appropriate for your daughter since she is only 10. The rating for viewers age are not yet know here in The Netherlands, but I would say it will be given a 16+ rating. Let's wait and see. I'll be attending the movie with my brother, wife and a friend (as we don't have kids).

I wish you a lot fun when watching this movie!

Cheers

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think PF reflected their time and I don't much care for them but I think I'll see this movie.

14. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

They reflected their time for sure, but when I look outside MY window, it's my true believe that their lyrics and reflections on society are still very up to date!

Enjoy the movie!

Cheers

15. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

That's the great thing about music and Linux there is something out there everyone can like and relate to. The Wall was released in '79 the same year as London Calling I prefer Strummer's take on society and and how it's presented over Waters even if they run parallel in many cases.

16. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Jeez, movie studios really ARE out of original ideas.

I love Pink Floyd, but one movie for The Wall was enough for me.

17. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

I just loved the live concert, want to see it again!

Cheers

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Meh, I saw The Wall concert in Atlanta
    It was just Ok, wasn't too impressed honestly
    Definitely not impressed enough to see it again, or see a movie
    To each his/her own

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

thanks. my son is fairly mature for his age, but i'll wait for the rating and to know more before deciding whether to take him

20. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

That's indeed the best thing to do!

Cheers

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Lol! We don't need no edu-caa-tion! For some reason that song bugged me when my son was in high-school. ;)

22. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

LOL!

Was that because of the "kids without an identity" mask and the meat-machine? When I first saw the video clip it gave me the shiffers too.

Graphics by Scarfe with great impact indeed!

Cheers

23. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I realize what the song is about, but we had kids saying they did not need an education, when they do, they do! ;)

24. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Rebellion is one thing but:

They DO need education, but not maturing therefore in a one-only-standard. Education IMHO needs to deliver according to the needs of children so they grow up as free minded and free spirited individuals.

In The Netherlands we now have severe problems with our (higher) education.

"All-and-all they're just another brick in The Wall! ;-) "

Cheers

25. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Agreed- the song is about resisting abuse and conformity. I always thought the wall represents repressive authority.