Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
It's too bad. At least then I'd be able to watch HBOMax through my iPhone via Airplay to the Roku.

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
At this point I highly doubt this is going to happen. I've been hoping for it since last summer.

Are there any external media devices outside Apple TVs that support Airplay? I'm ready to move a school away from the Apple TVs and to different (more open, the Apple TV app ecosystem no longer works for us) devices, and would like to be able to do with without losing AirPlay. Otherwise I'll just end up leaving the old Apple TVs in place for AirPlay and using the new devices for everything else. That's problematic though, as then the teachers have to remember "HDMI 1 for AirPlay" and "HDMI 2 for Everything Else." Better if that's not necessary.

Last edited:

David Selevan

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2020
I love my 43” TCL tv, and would like a larger 65” series 6 for new gaming systems coming out later this year. I can no longer watch HBO on my Roku (maybe can watch it through gaming system) so awaiting resolution on this before buying that TCL tv. Not a huge fan of my AppleTv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.