Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I am curious how many people actually get the rose gold option. I personally don't see a ton of rose gold while I am out and about.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

I always buy flagship colors
iPhone 5S - Gold
iPhone 6S Plus - Rose Gold
iPhone SE -Rose Gold
iPhone 7 -Matt Black

Reactions: Closingracer

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I would have gotten it, if they offered rose gold and black. I don't like the white with the pink.

Really? Besides the fact I like the white front I would find the pink with the black to be weird IMHO. I've also never seen it so I am just assuming. Did actually consider the jet black but they didn't even have it in Stock. Also didn't have the 256gb but oh well 128 is enough

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Rose gold, actual rose gold, works well with black lacquered metal or tinted white gold in men's or women's jewelry. Apple's idea of rose gold is a rather feminine shade, of the pink variety and not the blusterous beauty of actual rose gold.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

andreamaym

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto, ON
I have a rose gold 7 and a rose gold iPad Pro on the way. I love the rose gold! I'm also a fan of the matte black but I think I'm so used to having white devices that it would take getting used to (my last black one was an iPhone 4).
[doublepost=1483020225][/doublepost]
I would have gotten it, if they offered rose gold and black. I don't like the white with the pink.

I love this idea!

Reactions: Closingracer

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I have a rose gold 7 and a rose gold iPad Pro on the way. I love the rose gold! I'm also a fan of the matte black but I think I'm so used to having white devices that it would take getting used to (my last black one was an iPhone 4).
[doublepost=1483020225][/doublepost]

I love this idea!

My last iPhone that was black was my iPhone 4 and the last phone that I had was black was my Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket. Personally like the white front as well but the new black ones did look nice tho.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
I have the RG 6S+, but given Apple's incredibly poor capabilities with finish durability, it mainly spends its time in a case anyways, so color does not really matter to me. I take it out once in a while when I clean out the inside of the case with a microfiber - I always do it in a carpeted area, just in case.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I am curious how many people actually get the rose gold option. I personally don't see a ton of rose gold while I am out and about.

I believe it was you in the Apple Watch forum that you liked Rose Gold. I would purchase a stainless Rose Gold Watch option if they offered it. I could see that happening in the future, likely Gen 3 or beyond.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Got a rose gold 7+ because that's all that was available at the time. Got a series 1 Apple Watch in rose gold and blue at Best Buy because it was an open box and got it for $144. Got a rose gold iPad Pro 9.7 because, well, at this point might as well keep up the motif.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I think men in the USA are kind of uptight about things like pink/speedos/small cars as it threatens their perception of their masculinity. Plenty of pink iPhones carried by men in Australia.

It's mostly true. I fully admit that many of us are socially conditioned that way and won't change.

I would never buy a pink iPhone. For people of my generation pink either means you are a girl or a Communist sympathizer!

But I have nothing against small cars. Who doesn't like blasting around the streets in a go-cart? Or at least pretending to be in a go-cart.

anonymous guy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
And Asians (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Actually, the reason they introduced the Gold color in the first place was because it was a popular device color in China. I would assume Rose Gold was the natural progression of that.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
We had matte black before with the iPhone 5, therefore you didn't get this years flagship... jet black.
Do you really think Matte Black is the flagship color? The front page is Jet Black, and ever poster or promotional material I've seen is JB...
Yeah I know very well but black is fresh and new in the lineup (buying jet black next year if they added no new color in the lineup)

Reactions: James.K.Polk

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah I know very well but black is fresh and new in the lineup (buying jet black next year if they added no new color in the lineup)

From reading the above quotes above, @foxconn is correct. Black is not a new color for the iPhone, as we have seen a different shade before on a previous iPhone.

Second, Jet Black was advertised heavily being its the newest iteration of an iPhone in the gloss. But what defines "Flag ship?" What if the Matte Black color iPhone out sold the Jet Black, would that make it the new flagship color? Again, what defines flagship? Popularity of Color or sales?

Last edited:

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
Really? Besides the fact I like the white front I would find the pink with the black to be weird IMHO. I've also never seen it so I am just assuming. Did actually consider the jet black but they didn't even have it in Stock. Also didn't have the 256gb but oh well 128 is enough
I feel like gold or rose gold and black would be too contrasting of colors, and apple wouldn't go for that.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
From reading the above quotes above, @foxconn is correct. Black is not a new color for the iPhone, as we have seen a different shade before on a previous iPhone.

Second, Jet Black was advertised heavily being its the newest iteration of an iPhone in the gloss. But what defines "Flag ship?" What if the Matte Black color iPhone out sold the Jet Black, would that make it the new flagship color? Again, what defines flagship? Popularity of Color or sales?
@Relentless Power i think there is a color difference in both IMG_0348.JPG
Also apple advertisied iPhone 5 with black slate (not black)and iPhone 7 black,so it's a new color

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.