Rose gold.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Closingracer, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I am curious how many people actually get the rose gold option. I personally don't see a ton of rose gold while I am out and about.

2. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG
    I always buy flagship colors
    iPhone 5S - Gold
    iPhone 6S Plus - Rose Gold
    iPhone SE -Rose Gold
    iPhone 7 -Matt Black

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would have gotten it, if they offered rose gold and black. I don't like the white with the pink.

4. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

Really? Besides the fact I like the white front I would find the pink with the black to be weird IMHO. I've also never seen it so I am just assuming. Did actually consider the jet black but they didn't even have it in Stock. Also didn't have the 256gb but oh well 128 is enough

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's you, I prefer the black and rose gold. One size doesn't fit all ;)

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Rose gold, actual rose gold, works well with black lacquered metal or tinted white gold in men's or women's jewelry. Apple's idea of rose gold is a rather feminine shade, of the pink variety and not the blusterous beauty of actual rose gold.

7. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

Oh I know. Just saying I think it's weird based off what I precieve it to be

8. andreamaym macrumors member

I have a rose gold 7 and a rose gold iPad Pro on the way. I love the rose gold! I'm also a fan of the matte black but I think I'm so used to having white devices that it would take getting used to (my last black one was an iPhone 4).
    --- Post Merged, Dec 29, 2016 ---
    I love this idea!

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I mostly see women with rose gold, I just got my wife a rose gold 7 Plus, she loves the look.

10. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

My last iPhone that was black was my iPhone 4 and the last phone that I had was black was my Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket. Personally like the white front as well but the new black ones did look nice tho.

11. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I have the RG 6S+, but given Apple's incredibly poor capabilities with finish durability, it mainly spends its time in a case anyways, so color does not really matter to me. I take it out once in a while when I clean out the inside of the case with a microfiber - I always do it in a carpeted area, just in case.

12. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

And Asians (not that there is anything wrong with that)

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I believe it was you in the Apple Watch forum that you liked Rose Gold. I would purchase a stainless Rose Gold Watch option if they offered it. I could see that happening in the future, likely Gen 3 or beyond.

14. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Got a rose gold 7+ because that's all that was available at the time. Got a series 1 Apple Watch in rose gold and blue at Best Buy because it was an open box and got it for $144. Got a rose gold iPad Pro 9.7 because, well, at this point might as well keep up the motif.

15. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My wife has a rose gold iPhone 7+. My mom and my son each have a rose gold iPhone 7.

16. dave2010 macrumors regular

I think men in the USA are kind of uptight about things like pink/speedos/small cars as it threatens their perception of their masculinity. Plenty of pink iPhones carried by men in Australia.

17. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

It's mostly true. I fully admit that many of us are socially conditioned that way and won't change.

I would never buy a pink iPhone. For people of my generation pink either means you are a girl or a Communist sympathizer!

But I have nothing against small cars. Who doesn't like blasting around the streets in a go-cart? Or at least pretending to be in a go-cart.

18. foxconn Suspended

We had matte black before with the iPhone 5, therefore you didn't get this years flagship... jet black.

19. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Actually, the reason they introduced the Gold color in the first place was because it was a popular device color in China. I would assume Rose Gold was the natural progression of that.

20. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Do you really think Matte Black is the flagship color? The front page is Jet Black, and ever poster or promotional material I've seen is JB...

21. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Yeah I know very well but black is fresh and new in the lineup (buying jet black next year if they added no new color in the lineup)

22. Relentless Power, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

From reading the above quotes above, @foxconn is correct. Black is not a new color for the iPhone, as we have seen a different shade before on a previous iPhone.

Second, Jet Black was advertised heavily being its the newest iteration of an iPhone in the gloss. But what defines "Flag ship?" What if the Matte Black color iPhone out sold the Jet Black, would that make it the new flagship color? Again, what defines flagship? Popularity of Color or sales?

23. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

My friend and I both have Rose Gold SE's and another friend has the Rose Gold 7

24. macTW macrumors 65816

I feel like gold or rose gold and black would be too contrasting of colors, and apple wouldn't go for that.

25. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

@Relentless Power i think there is a color difference in both IMG_0348.JPG
    Also apple advertisied iPhone 5 with black slate (not black)and iPhone 7 black,so it's a new color