Rubber Seal Came off Digital Crown

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Costino1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

I noticed the past few days my digital crown has been somewhat sticky and not as smooth.

Today I thought a piece of string was sticking out of the gap between the case and crown so I pulled it out. Seemed to be not a string and was a rubber gasket/seal.

Just wondering if this happened to anyone before. I'm sure the waterproof-ness of the watch is now compromised.

2. Roller macrumors 68020

Hasn't happened to me, but I've read about it. Call Apple. If you have Apple Care, they should be able to arrange a quick replacement. If not, replacing the watch will take somewhat longer.

3. friedmud macrumors 65816

You're maybe the 4th or so person to report this on this forum. It's definitely rare... but can happen.

As Roller said... call Apple (or go to a store) immediately to get a replacement.

4. Costino1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Costino1

Thanks for the replies folks and apologies for there already being an established thread.

5. Roller macrumors 68020

No worries. Let us know how it turns out.

6. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

7. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

This just happened to mine. It's a launch day 38mm sport and has been sticky of late. I tried the rinse under warm water trick and it loosened it enough for the rubber to pop out! To the Apple Store it goes on Thursday :(

IMG_0280.jpg

8. Benapillot macrumors newbie

image.jpeg Mine popped out this week. It's a 42mm Sport purchased on June 7.

Apple Care said to take to a store and they'll replace it... Apple Store said, nope, our stock is for new purchases only, gotta send it in. Now there's a box being shipped to my house for me to send it in. Up to 14 day turn around, they said. Ugh.

9. btownrunr macrumors member

I had to mail my Apple Watch in for screen separating from the body (adhesive issue). I called it in on a Sunday. Apple sent me a shipping box...received it on the following Tuesday. Boxed the watch up and dropped it off at FedEx the same day. Apple received the watch Wednesday morning. The shipped out a white box (I believe it was a brand new replacement watch) that same day. I had my watch back by Thursday. So hopefully it'll be as efficient service request as mine. Also, my watch did not Apple Care. Good luck!