Rumor about iphone fix this month?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djsound, Sep 27, 2010.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

I heard a rumor last month from more then one source saying they had a updated iphone 4 or something coming out this month...that would fix the signal problem or whatever...anyone else know about this? i am in canada

2. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Rumour created by apple haters in order to try and take down iphone sales. it doesnt exist, continue on your way to apple to buy your iphone 4.

3. cruz777 macrumors newbie

more like iphone lovers and those on the verge of buying one. the sept 30th deadline is one of the bigger reasons people have been speculating about a fix and new phones (same with the white iphones).

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

was your source, the internet?

5. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

There are already plenty of post here on this topic already. Give the search bar a try.

6. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

oh ok so I am not the only one that heard this...I guess I will wait until the 30th =) thanks

7. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

What do you think is going to happen on the 30th?? This is simply the date that Apple is ending it's free bumper program and nothing more.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

9. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

10. cruz777 macrumors newbie

it's wishful thinking, and that's being generous

11. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

ah well...i'll just wait a few days then go buy one..

12. edk99 macrumors 6502a

The only significance Sept. 30th has with the case program ending is it is the end of Apples Fiscal year. This is the only reason why it is ending on this date and not that a new or updated device coming out.

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Go super early, I'm sure every Apple Store is going to have lines on Sept 30th with people who all waited for nothing, and are now waiting in line to buy the same version that was released on June 24th.

14. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

hahaha early? not me....forget it then ill just wait another month :D

15. atrac7 macrumors regular

Nothing is going to happen....Apple won't tout anything brand new openly at least because that means they'd just face a horde of angry customers that paid for the "original" iphone 4

16. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Rumors are rumors and facts are facts. The problem is that Apple is so delinquent in their release of facts about their products that people with legitimate questions lack the necessary information needed to make fact-based decisions.

17. BUFFBOY macrumors regular

my friends uncles brothers sisters boyfriend told me iphone us getn a new hardware change...

yeh no lies

18. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

19. kzoojason76 macrumors member

Why wait?? Buy it now and get a free bumper. Buy it after the 30th, and you'll have to pay for the bumper. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

20. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Well, its not like we are hearing about shortages of iPhone 4s everywhere, so they are available and sitting in store rooms all over right now (old crappy iPhone 4s that is). That means most stores that have phones now will almost certainly still have some that were made prior to Sept 30 even in October. Plus, in these rumors is Sept 30 the date that the new "superphones" begin manufacture or the date they are available? HMM, maybe they are going to do a huge ninja like swap of all existing inventory in the middle of the night.

Like others said, more likely and much simpler is that they had to pick a date to end the case program, which has cost them into the 9 figures and thought that the end of the quarter/year was as good a date as any.

If you are wanting to wait, make sure you wait a few weeks past Sept 30th, then check the manufacture week code in the serial to make sure you get the freshest phone around.

21. adztaylor macrumors 68000

There will be no hardware revision. They have to end the case program at some point and Apple do say if you can replicate the antenna issue at an Apple store they will provide you with a free bumper after the Sept 30th deadline.

Surely that's proof enough there's gonna be no hardware revision.

Not that I care, my phone works perfectly.

22. DCfilms macrumors member

Hi Sherifftruman. In which part of the serial number is the week code? - Is it easy to spot?

I've been waiting too. And yeah, i'm sure that will bring on all the haters who already own a 'perfect iphone4'. There most probably is no secret revision being done, but if u don't already have one, then what's the harm in getting a past-30th Sep phone - just in case.

But i certainly don't blame folk here for getting riled at the notion of a 'secret fix' being done, making their own phones seem a little hard done by. Those guys should indeed try to feel 100% certain that such a fix cld not happen. Has not Jobs proven time and time again that he cares for his customers like his own children.... ....

23. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

24. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Let's just say they did do a hardware revision, how long would it take to hit the stores?