Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
ok sorry for the double post, but i havent used chimera in awhile and damn is it fast. always blows me away.

hm... as i type this though im noticing they still havent gotten rid of the bug where when typing in a field (such as this) everytime you hit the space bar the screen jumps down a page so the whoel screen is jumping up and down while i type.

for those off you who use chimera as your default are you having this problem?

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Just out of curiosity, what did you edit in my last post AL? I'm pretty sure there was nothing offensive in there :rolleyes:

I haven't encountered jumping whilst typing. In the past it kicked in after about an hours' use.... i'll come back and edit this if it starts later. So far so good though. :)

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
o i just fixed your quotes. the vb code was off so it didnt format the text as a quote.

[start quote] text [end /quote] is what was written. i delted the start and end so it quoted properly.

i know i have seen other report the space bar jumping bug, but i guess it isnt happening to everyone then. think ill head on over to the chimera board and see if i can get more info.

this was a very nice release.

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
hm... as i type this though im noticing they still havent gotten rid of the bug where when typing in a field (such as this) everytime you hit the space bar the screen jumps down a page so the whoel screen is jumping up and down while i type.

for those off you who use chimera as your default are you having this problem?
I have the same thing happen. A very annoying bug.

Chris

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
is it just here at MR or have you found other sites that do this. i started writing a new thread at the chimeraboard and noticed no jumping. i cant seem to find other sites that do this but i dont visit many forum sites.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
o i just fixed your quotes. the vb code was off so it didnt format the text as a quote.

i know i have seen other report the space bar jumping bug, but i guess it isnt happening to everyone then. think ill head on over to the chimera board and see if i can get more info.

Ah, thanks for that :)

Whereabouts do you go on the chimera board for the info? Is there like a forum? I ask because i could only find comments posted by some people, with feature requests and bug reports; or is that what you mean by "chimera board"?

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
thats all i meant by the chimera board. figured i would see if anyone else had posted a thread about the bug and if not then i was going to create a thread of my own.

if you really want info you need to go to bugzilla. thats where you could see if anyone has files a bug, but i hate bugzilla so i avoid it at all costs.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
am i the only person who is completely unhappy with the new quartz rendering?? the new "poor-man's quartz" implementation is sloppy looking and measures wrong. i am still sticking with the last nightly before the change as the official .3 does not look anywhere near as good.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
you know a lot of people arent very happy with it, but some people seem to think it looks better! im guessing if enough people complain we will have an option like we had before to turn on and off the AA. maybe just a choose your AA style.

Ken-1

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2002
How do we tell those guys we don't like the new AA ?

I went to their Mozdev website, but nowhere do they give a way for feedback...
Do we just expect that they look at the message boards or something? :confused:

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
well if you really want to get heard head on over to bugzilla and file a bug about it and then head on over to the board start a thread provide a link to your bug so people can go and suport it so the developers get the idea.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Just as a note of interest AL, i'm experiencing the jumping around again whilst typing in MR. In fact, it's happening right now. Strange, it took a few days to start....

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
that is sort of odd. i cant recall when it started. a few versions back. i dont visit any other boards except the chimera board and it doesnt happen there. but if you guys find it happens else where come back and post here again.

i got confused for awhile with mozilla open with the chimera skin and chimera open. they look almost the same so if you arent paying attention... felt pretty stupid when i realized i was in mozilla and not chimera.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
that is sort of odd. i cant recall when it started. a few versions back. i dont visit any other boards except the chimera board and it doesnt happen there. but if you guys find it happens else where come back and post here again.

I've got it happening again on MR, so decided to try out another board when i sometimes post. It uses the same software as MR. No jumping around though. Is it something that's just particular to macrumors perhaps? It's possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.