RUMORS about new MacPro soon ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Frankmac, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Frankmac macrumors newbie

Hi, I am in need of switching my g5 for a new intel macpro, but I still wait the next release to get something up to date ...

do we have rumors on a possible release date ?
    do we have rumors on the new configuration options possible ?

I mean, actual macpro are only o.k. they are not up to date with their competitor, they are not on the top of innovation with it.....We need the box a lot more slim and small, also 8 core is good but NYtimes talk about 50 core within the next 5 years , so I expect it 16 cores soon...and processor 4 gHz is a minimum to put in this machine with all the technology they have !

have they lost their interest for the macpro ( power mac ) and for the macpro users and focus to innovate now only on the macbooks and ipods...

Merci ! Fran

2. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

Haha, 2 minutes later, Arn posts. Service with a smile :) I'm looking forward to Macworld. What else could Steve possibly talk about? A Mac Pro should fit in there somewheres I hope.

3. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

This "first quarter" thing sounds like we have to wait till april.

4. Frankmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Its time for macpro to be a the POWER tool, something stronger than than a macbook ! 16 core , 4ghz, slimer, blueray etc....come on Apple !!

dont be just ok with the MacPro !!!

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

April is Q2. There are 12 months, and quarters divide the year by four. That's three months per quarter! :p

March is the latest the chips will be released, unless there are delays.

6. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

No sh\t?! I'll try to remember!

Apple has never been extremely fast in picking up new CPUs. Just think about their huge stock of the current one.

It can be January, but if Intel speaks about first quarter, it's also possible they'll gonna roll them out in March, right? Then tell me, when Apple could start its mass production?

sash

7. m1stake macrumors 68000

whenever it wants. Apple chose to wait on the penryn refresh parts for two months, but they announced the current mac pro a day or a few days after the parts were announced by intel. Apple shipped the day of the announcement, and they had limited availability in stores.

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Tablet, mini-tablet, Snow Leopard, iLife '09, iWork '09, iPhone...

I think we will likely have to wait until March to WWDC 2009 for the Nehalem Mac Pro.