Rumors and Speculation of November 2 'iPad Mini' Launch Building

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier today, Geeky Gadgets reported that it has received word from a retailer in the United Kingdom indicating that the "iPad mini" will be launching on November 2 in at least the United States and UK, with pre-orders reportedly set to begin on October 26. 9to5Mac also issued a Tweet today stating that it has "heard whispers" of a November 2 launch.

As we noted earlier this week, November 2 is the most obvious date for a launch given Apple's past history and the October 23 date for its media event, making it difficult to assess which rumors might be based on actual information and which might simply be speculation based on the most likely scenario.

[​IMG]
    Apple typically releases its new mobile devices on Fridays, generally making them available roughly a week and a half after their introduction. This pattern was seen with the iPhone 5 last month and with the third-generation iPad earlier this year, among other past releases. Pre-orders, if they are offered, are a bit less consistent, with iPhone 5 pre-orders going live one week before launch while pre-orders for the third-generation iPad began immediately following Apple's media event nine days before launch.

One wrinkle that could derail Apple's usual schedule is the possibility that the iPad mini may be considered a new product line, and these products such as the original iPhone and full-size iPad had longer gaps between introduction and launch. We do believe, however, that the iPad mini is likely to be a rather straightforward expansion of Apple's existing product line, meaning that a November 2 launch is indeed likely.

Article Link: Rumors and Speculation of November 2 'iPad Mini' Launch Building

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I am hoping for an early release date if the smaller iPad rumors are true. I am looking to purchase something like that as a combination Birthday / holiday gift for a family member.

It is nice to see that after the passing of Jobs, the fall special events are continuing.

3. Towelie1288 macrumors regular

Towelie1288

sweeet

but then again i have zero interest in a ipad mini
    but a imac hellll yes!!!!! :D:D:D

4. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

5. ingram81 macrumors newbie

ingram81

Multicolor Background

I think the combination of the term "little" with the multicolored background tends to infer that the devices will be small and have colored shells.

Does this mean iPad Mini w/ colors? Maybe. Do I just want an iPad with the Lightning connector? More than a iPad Mini. :apple:

6. brosemann, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012

brosemann macrumors newbie

Yeah

Just heard the same! Sources coming from the UK

7. accentaudio macrumors 6502

accentaudio

Me too!!!

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Hope they talk about iTunes update again. I'm looking forward to that the most! :)

9. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

November 2 launch. But with a 4 week wait like the iphone?

10. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Argh! I know, why can't that bit of info leak out like EVERYTHING else seems to have done.

11. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

So we'd have 8-64GB models with some wi-fi and some wi-fi + 3G or LTE plus multiple colors? Seems like a lot of SKU's. :eek: I wonder if they will offer the Smart Cover or smart case for the Mini?

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Not if you wake up early enough :p

13. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Doubt it. Aren't these bad boys being made in brasil?

14. wkadamsjr macrumors 6502

Not anymore...we are starting to get parts leaks...:D

15. mac0x macrumors newbie

16. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I highly doubt the iPad mini will be as constrained as the iPhone 5. The iPhone is Apples biggest product. I'm sure you will probably be able to stroll into a store on opening day and pick one up. Just look at the last iPad release there was plenty of stock.

17. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

Not possible in countries that doesn't have apple stores

18. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I think he meant pre-order

19. Liquinn Suspended

Will this re-set the timer on the iPad buyers guide?

20. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

I thought the Brasil factory was just for Brasil because of the extremely high Tariffs. Don't know for sure though.

21. Tingler macrumors member

The background of the invitation resembles a lot the invitation for the original iPad. There were no colored versions, however.

[​IMG]

22. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

I should think that the iPad Mini will be added as a separate product.

23. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

I will pre order one right away, I just want to know one thing first. IF the iPad mini comes with a 3G/LTE option...WILL I be able to transfer my unlimited ATT data plan from my iPad first gen to the mini???

I am grandfathered in, and i know AT&T allows me to transfer my unlimited plan to the iPad 2 or 3 if I wanted to. But I want to wait and see if the mini comes in a 3G/LTE version and IF I can transfer my plan to it.

That would be sweet. Kinda like a big smartphone, where I could use VoIP apps to make calls for free... :)

24. filmantopia macrumors 6502a

filmantopia