Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Seeking Alpha reports that Apple's stock slumped yesterday due to "rumors of a rumor" that the 3G iPhone might be delayed.

Another site also reported on these "vague concerns regarding 3G launch." As yet, no solid reports have even suggested that the 3G iPhone will be delayed from its expected June 9th introduction.

Article Link

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
Sweet. Stock movement on meta-rumors. This is why I invest for the long term and ignore the daily ups and downs. Of course it can also be a nice buying opportunity when stocks drop for silly reasons.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I heard a rumor about this rumor of a rumor. Turned out to be absolutely true! There WAS a rumor of a rumor.

Just goes to show you, some rumors are perfectly true.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
i know for a fact that these phones are in production now. so unless they found something wrong with them at the last second i find this rumor bogus.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Apple to delay a much anticipated product .... Leopard is the prime example.

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Gimme a break

Rumor of a rumor? I'm a major fanboy but even I have to say COME ON!

Apple stock is a roller coaster, always has been. Buy it on the way down, cause it ain't stayin' down. That's my free advice.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
June 27th

Of course it won't ship the day it is announced. End of June is the most likely timeframe. Friday on June 27th at 6:00pm is my estimate. 2 weeks of hype and extremely long lines at your local Mac retailer and AT&T store for these babies.

It will be free advertisement for Apple when they show people standing in line on the news.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
Its not happening on 6/27.

Wall-E is coming out that day and i dont think Jobs would do that to the guys over at Pixar.

Elsewhere

macrumors member
May 20, 2008
Sweet. Stock movement on meta-rumors. This is why I invest for the long term and ignore the daily ups and downs. Of course it can also be a nice buying opportunity when stocks drop for silly reasons.

I totally agree. I know people who buy and sell on news events and they never understand why they keep loosing money.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Last year I waited in line for the iPhone. Decided the line was too long so I went to see Live Free or Die Hard. After the movie, the line for the iPhones were gone so I went inside. I saw a few of them and said I'll take one please. I don't think a movie will stop the launch. People can do both like I did last year.

kwong2006

macrumors regular
May 16, 2006
[sarcasm]I heard from my girlfriend's friend's friend's boyfriend's aunt's cousin that there's a rumor about a rumor about a rumor that Dell will go broke tomorrow as well[/sarcasm]

So there! This "rumor" is so thin, it doesn't even worth to be put on Page 2.

distortedloop

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Its not happening on 6/27.

Wall-E is coming out that day and i dont think Jobs would do that to the guys over at Pixar.

Think again my friend. Last year June 29th was the opening date for BOTH the iPhone and Pixar movie Ratatouille. It was a very big money weekend for El Jobso.

Apparently Steve isn't beyond TWO major events happening concurrently. Wow, does that mean he's a multi-tasker. ;-)

Though, technically, Jobs doesn't own Pixar anymore, does he? He sold it to Disney for a big chunk of Disney shares and a seat on Disney's board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.