• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

iEmulator announced that they are developing a PC emulator for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
"Apple's new iPhone and iPod Touch software development kit is allowing us to quickly port iEmulator to these innovative devices," he went on to say. "It's an amazing development and operating environment."
iEmulator.com has a bit of a head start, as they currently offer a PC emulator for Mac OS X. The iPhone version will, of course, have some limitations -- no CD or DVD access, for example -- but they are looking into offering wireless or direct connectivity to load software.

iEmulator Touch, as it's called, is expected in the second quarter of 2008 and pricing has not yet been established.

Article Link

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
This is way to gimmicky is anyone really going to want to run windows on it? The specs would be stupidly low.

Comment

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
Why not make it a Windoze mobile OS emulator?
At least then you could suffer like all other 'Smart Phone' lusers :p

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
It's a theft deterrent. Far fewer people will just lift the iPhone if it's got the blue screen of death.

Comment

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I have to agree, what value would running Windows on a mobile platform bring? Unless there are some über useful apps that are Win only, I'm inclined to pass on this one. :)

Comment

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
you guys this is an awesome idea. now its like having a macbook, windows and osx.

Since when is running windows on a touch screen 320x 480 device "like" having a full sized laptop? And how does running windows on it bring OS X?

Really? Isn't the iPhone faster than the computers during the 2001 era when XP was released?

On the iPhone application tutorial videos they say how when all the available virtual memory is used up the iPhone will reboot, so Im guessing it would be too low to run windows smoothly.

Comment

slowpoke

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2007
Bellona
why would you want to run windows at all

Aw c'mon. I always thought the iPhone would look great with a blue screen. :D

They should call it iPuke.

Why not make it a Windoze mobile OS emulator?
At least then you could suffer like all other 'Smart Phone' lusers :p

It's a theft deterrent. Far fewer people will just lift the iPhone if it's got the blue screen of death.

You guys are pretty good at reinforcing the 'elitist Mac user' stereotype. :/

Comment

shen

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
maybe not

This is way to gimmicky is anyone really going to want to run windows on it? The specs would be stupidly low.

did they say what version of windows? maybe it runs 3.1?

install by floppy to your iPhone! :eek:

Comment

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA
This is not going to be accepted by Apple, besides why would anyone want to run an emulator on the iPhone and then run windows on top of that and then run an application on top of that?

Ludicrous.

Comment

apparatchik

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
This will be sweet, say you want to do a quick 3dmax render on the go, perhaps a light corelDRAW sketch, all youll need is a fresh copy of vista and the iEmulator visionares to make it happen

Comment

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
This will be sweet, say you want to do a quick 3dmax render on the go, perhaps a light corelDRAW sketch, all youll need is a fresh copy of vista and the iEmulator visionares to make it happen

I assume you're kidding because there's no way in hell that's going to happen. The iPhone won't be able to handle those applications.

Where did you people get the information that it's as fast as a PC from 2001? I really have a hard time believing that. Maybe it's specifically good at one task but there's no way that in general it's faster.

Comment

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
It is as powerful as a Mac from 2001, not a PC. We had a Dell in '01 when XP Came out, 1.8Ghz.

I don't see where this has any usefulness. Neither XP Nor Vista would run, and if XP did, what Apps allow for less than 500mhZ?

Comment

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
Hmm okay that's odd. I tried to navigate between pages 1 and 2, and it stubbornly kicked me back to page 1.

Anywho...

iEmulator [Touch] is nothing more than the open source QEMU bundled with a fancy GUI/Front End for VM configuration. It's not worth the $20 I bet they're gonna charge for it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.