Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I cannot recommend the Workout Sessions app enough for tracking e.g. your personal records for e.g. running, cycling or for other workouts.
It has no ads, tracking (unless you want it to use GPS), uses Apple Health data e.g. retrieved from Apple Watch but also works great with Garmin watches although the data shown for this or Personal Best app a bit more limited e.g. no GPS data so no maps visible (as limited by Garmin see link). But most unique thing is the personal record widgets since the latest update. It can filter based on any distance so e.g. a 400m but also a 15km or 6.5km run.

The TestFlight version is currently even better since it has the option to tap on a top 3 personal records for a certain distance and immediately goes to the area in the app where it shows the rest of records top 10+ for a certain fastest time or pace for a distance.

WorkoutSessions.png

There is also another great app around for a longer period of time which is 'Personal Best - Workouts', however that only has the record functionality in the app currently although it is expected in the widget in the near future. The latest updates however focus a bit too much on other records which causes that the actual records I want to see are getting a few taps further to show (e.g. all time records > fastest run for distance x). The filters are limited to e.g. more than 5km and less than 6km to show 5+km runs. There is no option to filter behind the comma let alone a 400m sprint record overview.

PersonalBest.png

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
The features from the TestFlight are added also to the App Store version recently. I've still got some wishes but oh my this is so nice to have! For all those runners out there I can really recommend this for your personal record data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.