Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Don't you think some women vote based on sex appeal? Are you really naive enough to think that there aren't women like that?

I'm not misogynist, I'm just cynical. I would say the same thing about men if presidential candidates were female.

jywv8

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
Don't you think some women vote based on sex appeal? Are you really naive enough to think that there aren't women like that?

I'm not misogynist, I'm just cynical. I would say the same thing about men if presidential candidates were female.

Ok, fair enough. All I can say is that the women I hang out with think and vote with their brains, not their vaginas, and your comment is about as fair as saying "men think with their dicks". I generally give both genders a bit more credit.

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Originally posted by jywv8
Ok, fair enough. All I can say is that the women I hang out with think and vote with their brains, not their vaginas, and your comment is about as fair as saying "men think with their dicks". I generally give both genders a bit more credit.

Me too, unless they're voting at the moment.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
Limbaugh's not asking for the government to treat his addiction, and rightly so.
And what about the other 90% of people who can barely afford the painkillers, let alone regenerative surgery (which Rush refused after the initial 'botched' surgery) or drug rehabilitation. Rather than letting these people turn to illegal (hard) drugs, which will cost society and the country as a whole immensely, why don't we simply help them return to normal, productive lives? Federally-funded drug rehabilitation is the only chance that millions of Americans have... But don't sit there and tell me that prescription drug abuse is something to be sympathetic about, when you're not sympathetic unless they can pay for private drug addiction therapy...
("Have you ever noticed that all newspaper composite drawings of wanted criminals look like Jesse Jackson?” Rush Limbaugh.) I don't think this is a racist remark, I just think he's making fun of Jesse Jackson and implying in a humorous fashion that he's responsible for a one-man crime wave. It was insensitive, I'll give you that. But hell, my father can be just as insensitive, and I know for a fact he's no racist.
Glad you're so confident. A lot of us aren't. Considering the implication was that all wanted criminals are black, not that "he's responsible for a one-man crime wave"... hell, that doesn't even make sense. what would the point of such a joke be? Which brings me to--
The "It's not my fault" wasn't a lie, it was a joke, and while making fun of Chelsea Clinton is insensitive (except when John McCain does it, since he's a war hero and all :rolleyes: ), it's well within the purview of a shock jock.
First off, he did lie about it, he said later that it was a technical error after he was put on the spot about it... Secondly, going after a 13-year old girl for being ugly is beyond insensitive, it's unnecessary and horrible to say. The biggest problem here is that he gladly attacks people for slinging names and cheap shots at people... who happen to be members of the GOP, that is. Way to hold yourself to a standard, rush.
("They vote with their vaginas!" Rush Limbaugh on women) It wouldn't be nearly as inflammatory if it wasn't largely true. Not all women, obviously, but lots of them do. Which is why, statistically, the sexier man gets the female vote. Kennedy and Clinton especially.
A pretty typically sexist thing for a dittohead to say. Not all dittoheads, obviously, but lots of them...

pnw

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Originally posted by paulwhannel
Federally-funded drug rehabilitation is the only chance that millions of Americans have... But don't sit there and tell me that prescription drug abuse is something to be sympathetic about, when you're not sympathetic unless they can pay for private drug addiction therapy...

I agree that people who don't have as much money should be able to get therapy. I don't agree that government is the proper means to this end.

Glad you're so confident. A lot of us aren't. Considering the implication was that all wanted criminals are black...

He's making fun of Jesse Jackson! It's not a difficult concept.

Secondly, going after a 13-year old girl for being ugly is beyond insensitive, it's unnecessary and horrible to say.

Funny thing is, none other than John McCain also made fun of Chelsea Clinton. Where's the condemnation? Oh, I forgot, John McCain is a hero of the people.

A pretty typically sexist thing for a dittohead to say. Not all dittoheads, obviously, but lots of them...

I'm no dittohead, I'm just a reasonable guy who doesn't get off on trashing radio pundits for being offensive.

And yes, lots of women vote with their vaginas. Lots of women. Maybe not even consciously, but it happens. It's reality, face it. Men would vote with their penises if the roles were reversed. It's just easier to like someone who's sexy, and it's just easier to vote for someone you like. It's that simple. And the purpose of a radio pundit is to state that as bluntly as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.