"Safari Crash Fest 2008!" You're invited!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hellodon, Feb 20, 2008.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

Seriously what is up with this crap? It crashes more than ever since updating to 10.5.2

I have had it crash more in the past 3 days than it has in the past 2 years. Ridic. I know I'm not alone, 2 friends are having the same problems....are you?

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

My relationship with Safari has always been a love/hate relationship- more love than hate, but at times Safari can be frustrating. Still I seem to prefer using it more than any other web browser for Mac OS. :eek: :)

3. tpouliot macrumors member

Safari crashed at least 1/2 times on me today. Seems to be much more unstable since 10.5.2. :eek:

4. Frisco macrumors 68020

5. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I've never had Safari crash. Firefox once or twice. Safari hasn't gone down on me, yet, though.

6. redshift20 macrumors member

What's up? I would suspect there is some kind of bug... it happens. Even to :apple:

7. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

My Safari crashes on certain sites when browsing under a proxy.. otherwise it is fine.

8. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

Safari has rarely crashed for me except on my Vista machine where it crashes constantly. On the Mac, it's a rarity and the latest beta hasn't crashed once (and it's stinkin fast ;))

9. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

10. youthpastor macrumors newbie

youthpastor

I've been having the same problem with Safari since the 10.5.2 update. I hope a fix comes soon.

11. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Unlike IE who gives it up on the first date. That little slut. :p

I think Safari has crashed on me once since 10.5.2 Not complaining though, it's stable and snappier since the update.

12. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Safari's really been acting up for me lately. In the past week, I've had 2-3 times where it crashed. I'm still running Tiger, btw.

13. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

i had a problem with flash player... I updated it and it started crashing and the crash report kept saying flash player was the problem.. Apparently before you install the newest version you have to uninstall any previous versions.. Who knew?... Sure enough though, as soon as I uninstalled any version other than the current one the crashes stopped..

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I haven't had a crash in weeks. I updated to 10.5.2 on the day it was released.

15. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Wow. I totally thought of the same thing when I was typing that, but figured no one else would notice and I just had a dirty mind.

I'm still wooing Safari. She'll come over. I prefer the chase ;) IE just goes down on everyone.... And don't even get me started on the backdoor holes there...

16. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I've only brought my main Mac up to Leopard last week, but I've not had Safari crash/quit in recent memory.

Of course, I only come here.

17. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Have yet to have a problem. Safari 3.0.4 and 10.5.2 seems to be rock solid for me. Then again, I'm on still on PPC (which I much prefer).

18. wHo_tHe macrumors regular

This stinks.

Safari 3.0.4 crashes about hourly for me under 10.5.2. Was very solid under 10.5.1; I would regularly run about 75-100 windows without problems. Now, I'm lucky to have two.

19. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

:mad: I've just about had it with Safari; It crashed on me AGAIN while I was in the middle of something. I'm going over to Camino again. I used it before Safari 3 came out, but I went to Safari because really liked the new find feature, draggable tabs, and resizeable text areas. Safari's also a huge memory hog, but it was a trade-off and I had just upgraded my RAM.

20. rcpmac macrumors newbie

YUP Safari is crashing on my macbook-pro under 10.4 and intel imac under 10.5. My wife had to use firefox to open an email PDF after safari crashed 3 times - repaired permissions restarted and crashed 2 more times. Don't sit around composing bug reports. They are arriving at cupertino by the millions. at best the data is being automatically compiled into identifiable patterns and looked at in the most general terms.

21. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Safari has been nothing but trouble for me since updating, thank god for Firefox 3 beta.

22. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Safari for me has only crashed when I visit one site only, and that is MySpace. It has proven to be far more stable than IE ever was with my old Windows machines that I lovingly smashed to pieces.

So with you, it may very well be the websites that you are using and they are coded badly. I noticed that when I tried using MySpace with Firefox, it would crash as well. It happened when people would place bad code on their pages.

23. kolax macrumors G3

Safari been reasonably stable for me.

Still plenty room for improvement though.

24. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i haven't had any problem, but again I don't use it that much.

anyway 10.5.3 will be out in a month or two, see if it will fix anything related to safari.

25. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

My Safari never crashes it's is rock solid maybe it's your amount of Ram.