Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Safari has been nothing but trouble for me since updating, thank god for Firefox 3 beta.

Wow quite the opposite experience for me. Safari has been great for me since 10.5.2 and I can't remember when it's crashed last. Firefox 3 beta crashes almost every time I fire it up and use it more than 10 minutes. I just give up on Firefox until the final street version is out.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Bought my first Macintosh (24" Al iMac @2.4Ghz) last September, and I have never experienced a crash. I should add that I always kept my Windows PCs simple and that I have done the same with my iMac, adding only those software items essential to my needs. No games.

Now that the Air has been hacked, I wonder if a new version of Safari will be out soon?

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
I have no crash issues with Safari since 10.5.2 and Safari 3.1

However I do hate safari when it comes to Java/Flash rendering.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
better than IE

I love safari. When I had IE, 7 really sucks, it crashed constantly. I can count on 1 hand the many times Safari has crashed. I tried Firefox but I prefer Safari.
I do have to admit that when I first put in Leopard it did crash more often but after that first update it is back to normal.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Has anyone seen an Apple comment about the hacking of the MacAir? I would like to hear from Apple on this, but I have not seen a single comment.

Did I just miss it?

deathshrub

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Christmas Island
Safari has been much more stable for me after upgrading to 3.1. Every single Safari crash I've had has been caused by the flash plugin, which is why I despise adobe so much.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Has anyone seen an Apple comment about the hacking of the MacAir? I would like to hear from Apple on this, but I have not seen a single comment.

Did I just miss it?

I thought it was actually just Safari that was hacked on the MBA, not the actual MBA.

BlakTornado

Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
I get the odd hang every now and then. Particularly when opening RSS feeds. Those have always been a problem. Engadget in particular... but now things like TUAW are causing minor hangs.

As well as FlashPlayer, which has always been a problem anyway. No wonder Apple don't want it on their beloved iPhone! XD

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
I have no crash issues with Safari since 10.5.2 and Safari 3.1

However I do hate safari when it comes to Java/Flash rendering.

Flash sucks on Macs and flash is such a huge part of the Internet. This is the reason I use Windows now. Flash is beautiful on Windows through Firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.