Safari crashing more after 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbookProSF, Oct 10, 2007.

1. macbookProSF macrumors member

not only do web pages look different but safari crashes all the time, i had issues before but not like this. 8 times in a row in the last hour. Intact I could not sign into this web site in landscape mode over and over I would be kicked back to the home screen. Strange !!!

Any one else having this happen?

And yes i have restored twice. All tech support tells me is, we would be happy to replace the phone. I tell them it must be from the update but no one will admit it.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I haven't noticed any rendering differences on mine. Safari still crashes, but it is less frequent than prior to 1.1.1. If I have any trouble, I clear the cache before reopening.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I was under the impression that Safari had started behaving after 1.1.1,
    but I was wrong.

Recently I have noticed that Safari crashes very often. This really puts me off. I expect updates to imrove things for me not the other way around

4. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

I'm seeing the same thing. I've been having far more Safari crashes than I did in 1.0.2. In many cases, I'm just scrolling through a page that has been fully rendered already. Next thing I know, the scrolling stops, Safari hangs for a moment and then I'm back at the desktop.

Now - having said that, this doesn't happen many times for me, but it is noticeably more than in the past. Annoying when it does happen.

:(

--DotComCTO

5. haiggy macrumors 65816

Mine is crashing tons too... I've had it crash like 10 times in half an hour just clicking on MR threads, etc... nothing like loading a page with flash etc

6. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

My 2 Cents

I was experiencing some strange behavior after 1.1.1.

I restored several times only to have the same issue. I realized I was restoring and then restoring my backup Phone from iTunes. When I decided to not restore from my backed up iPhone in iTunes all issues have since disappeared and it has been pretty stable without a single crash yet.

So if you are restoring and putting your old backed up data and preferences, you might want to start from scratch. I hope this works for you. :cool:

7. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

The whole restore thing is getting a little old for me. I have restored but it hasn't fixed the problems I was having. They are still present. Its all in the software too. Just bugs...

8. locomien macrumors member

Under 1.0.2, my safari crashed CONSTANTLY. Ever since 1.1.1, it crashed maybe twice. For me 1.1.1 was a HUGE improvement.

9. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I find it odd how the experiences differ.

I find 1.1.1 less stable than 1.0.2.

others find it more stable.

weird.

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Do you leave your phone on all the time? Sometimes this happens to me, and what i do is just shut the phone off for several minutes, actually about 3o seconds, turn it back on, and that works for me, everything works better after that.