Safari Default Full Screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Blorzoga, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Does anyone else hate the fact that Safari on the iPhone defaults to full screen and that the only way to get the back/forward arrows or the tabs icon is to tap somewhere near the top or bottom of the screen (I still haven't figured out exactly where to tap)? I have learned to live with it, but find it very annoying. I often end up tapping on a link that I don't want to tap on.

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

The safest place to tap is at the very top of the screen where the address bar is. Otherwise you can tap on the bottom where the bar would be if it wasn't hidden.

3. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I actually quite like it, more screen real-estate and it just looks cleaner. Tapping on the top or bottom is a non-issue for me.

4. mark5019 macrumors member

mark5019

what works for me is to scroll down and arrows aperar

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, either one of those seems to work well fairly quickly and consistently.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I also don't like it at all. Another iOS 7 example of lost usability. "Look Ma, no controls!". So start randomly tapping or scroll up and they appear whether you want them or not.

7. tch999 macrumors newbie

I think it's a decent feature - if you want to scroll back/forwards, remember you can just slide in from the left/right hand side of the screen.

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I do find it slightly annoying how the toolbars kick in when you scroll up in landscape orientation. There is little room and as soon as you want to browse up a page you feel very constrained.

Also how the address field/label only shows the domain until you edit... What about the page title or at least the path, to give you a quick hint about where you are exactly? But getting off topic now...