Safari full-screen behaviour

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Mikegs, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Mikegs macrumors regular

I would like Safari to always open as a full-screen app.

At first, Safari never re-opened full-screen after either quitting the app or closing all windows despite making it full-screen before quitting/closing. This was because I had deselcted the "restore windows" preference in system settings.

Then i enabled the restore windows setting, and Safari now re-opens in full-screen, but only after quitting the app, not after closing it....

Weird

Want i really want is to have it re-open full-screen no matter if i quit or close (and if possible to do this even with the restore windows setting off).

Can it be done?

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I'd like to know this too. So far, full screen is extremely annoying with its inconsistent and erratic behaviour, so I just stopped using it altogether until it gets fixed.

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I want to know how to make Safari and other apps always open in full-screen without reopening the same windows...

Waiting...

Man, Lion has been real buggy for me...

And they have yet to fix the *******n *********g FINDER!!! :mad:

4. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

The Mail app always seems to open in full-screen for me.

Safari, on the other hand, does not. Additionally, I've encountered one very annoying quirk with the full-screen/Safari combination: if you open Safari from scratch, and immediately go into full screen mode, the Google search bar on the top right will no longer give you a drop down menu of suggested search items after you type a few characters [i.e. you type 'how do you' and a bunch of 'how do you' popular Google search suggestions appear below the bar].

The only way to fix this is to exit full-screen mode, type a letter in the search box [which subsequently populates the suggested searches, as the problem is specific to full-screen mode], then re-enter full-screen. Anyone else have this? Very annoying!

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto