Safari help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sdfd504, Aug 16, 2007.

1. sdfd504 macrumors regular

I was wondering how I switch the homepage on Safari? I just got my Macbook Pro today so I am trying to learn everything.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Safari -> Preferences > General.

You can either type in the home page URL, or set it to the current page.

4. sdfd504 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I figure it would be an easy change but it is all new to me.:D

5. eaglegray macrumors newbie

If you are entirely new to Mac OS X you should get a 'missing manual' type book. I recommend the David Pogue books, especially. He (and I suppose his editing staff) have been churning out huge tomes on each of the Mac OS iterations. They are very well written, very clear and informal in tone. A computing system like OS X has hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of capabilities, and an enormous number of command possibilities, most of them hidden (even in the Apple online Help). To maximize the power of your computer, and your fun, get a good manual (manuals).

**Life is short; judgment is difficult**

6. sdfd504 thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds good. I have never used an Apple computer before so I will have to look into that manual. Where is the best place to buy it at?

7. eaglegray macrumors newbie

Best way to buy books (+CDs, DVDs) these days is on-line with Amazon.com (of course, you need a credit card). This link should take you right to the page for the 'Missing Manual' series. But remember, if you are thinking of moving up to the Leopard OS in the fall, you may want to buy the manual for that; it's already available.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...ords=the+missing+manual&Go.x=12&Go.y=13&Go=Go