Safari major flaws

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Sep 25, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I have been using it for a good few days now and I do enjoy the new IOS7 it's better than I thought it would be.

However Safari for me is worse. A separate search bar made more sense. When going back I have to constantly tap to try and bring up the back button. It has silly bookmarks too on every new IOS7 install.

I have to say Google Chrome is what Safari should have been and what I expected.

In conclusion Safari has followed the desktop version and similar with other desktops ones where they try and add fancy graphics or features and take away the performance.

Safari minus the tables on Ipad 1 provides the best user experience on the web ever. Sorry if that makes me sound like I'm not going with the times but for simplicity it wins hands down.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Why's that?

Just swipe up a bit and the controls appear.

You can just delete them if you don't want them. There have been default bookmarks in every version of iOS since it's launch in 2007. This is nothing new.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm more inclined to try another browser this time what's everybody else using?

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I don't really like that safari always defaults to full screen and makes you fiddle with the screen to get the menu and tabs options to appear. And I miss the ".com" button on the keyboard. Sometimes it's easier to just type in a url rather than search for it on a list and tap it.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

You can hold down on the period button for .com. I think it was changed in beta 2 because the .com was a separate button and people, including myself, were hitting the .com button on accident rather than a letter.

6. blen macrumors regular

blen

Two things.

1) You can swipe from the left edge of the screen to right to go back, you can swipe from right to left to go forward.

2) Quickly scrolling up a page will display the bottom bar. Tapping the top bar will display the bottom bar.

Hope these help ;)

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I thought I remembered reading that the .com could be found somewhere, but couldn't remember. Thanks!

8. dcp10 macrumors 6502

3rd. Tapping the address bar brings up favorites.

I was a Chrome user since it launched on iOS, but Safari impressed me so much during the beta period I switched and doubt I'll go back to Chrome.

9. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

Also tapping the bottom of the screen brings up the status bar, if anyone didn't know.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Wait a second, Chrome also has a single address/search bar (instead of two). Chrome also hides the back button as you scroll and you need to do something (like scroll back up) to bring it back. Chrome can also have preset bookmarks or at least those associated with your Google account if you sign in. So...what do you know...with the new Safari you got what you expected actually (apparently without realizing it for some reason).

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

Haha! Nice catch. ;)

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My troll senses started tingling when I realized the same thing.