Safari Non Responsive- Tried everything

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rweakins, Jun 15, 2012.

1. rweakins macrumors 6502

rweakins

I've been trying to get my Safari back to working for who knows how long now and need some help. Every time I open the application all I get is the busy pinwheel and no page EVER loads. I've reset the application and done everything that I can think of. My Safari version is 5.1.7 and I'm running Lion (10.7.4).

Any suggestions?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It could be trying to restore the last site you had open due to the Resume feature of Lion. Hold the shift key while launching Safari, this should prevent the restoring of the last open window/tab.

3. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

Doing this got me a tiny bit further....I at least got the blue progress bar to come up and the url of my homepage but I still got the pinwheel and the page never loaded.

4. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, share all the things you've tried. You do realize that by not doing so, you're liable to get responses of "try this" which turn out to be things you've already tried, don't you?

I realize that "tried everything" is a figure of speech (it's in your title). But that always amuses me. If you have indeed literally tried everything, then you're asking for what exactly?? ;)

Now, "everything I can think of" (in your message) is more likely to be literally true, unless of course you think of something else.

How about, "I've tried several things, and haven't thought of anything new since last Thursday"? Takes longer to type out...

6. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

Why not just suggest something as opposed to wasting everyone's time with a smart remark.

7. Gregg2, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

Gregg2 macrumors 603

Um, the answer to your question is in the first paragraph of my post. And yes, it was a very intelligent remark, thanks. The point is exactly about wasting time, everyone who reads this thread and suggests something you've already tried but not revealed.

Why not just go ahead and list the things you've tried, as it might help trigger another idea in someone else's thought process?

But, if you insist...
    Have you tried a different browser to determine if Safari is really the problem?
    Sorry if this is a waste of your time...

Did you notice that there haven't been any other people posting?

8. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

<Removed>

Read that after I posted. Helpful comments that I posted have therefore been removed.

9. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

Been using Chrome. Internet works. Just not Safari

10. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

11. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

Never crossed my mind ;)