iPad Pro Safari on iPad pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jetjaguar, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

why is it so bad? I would think the problems on lagging on websites and forums wouldn't be present with how powerful the ipp is. I'm always having issues where as I'm scrolling there is lag (also happens in Hulu and Netflix). And a lot of times half the website won't load and I have to close out safari and reopen to make it work again. Just really annoying for a device that is so powerful to have these issues.

2. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Me too, I have the same issues with Safari. After a while when I scroll a page it becomes blank for a second and then it loads the content.

3. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

Yep I don't get what the deal is? My air 2 never had this issue.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

It's a known issue throughout users. Theres a few threads on it in here

5. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Mine too. I dont want to go Chrome as its a resource hog but getting tired of the black screen at the bottom and slow loading.

6. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

What adblocker are you using? I use Blockr and have no problems in Safari...

7. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I have plenty of issues with Safari on iPad Pro, though they're all present on my iPhone too. I've found myself using Chrome much more than I used to, especially on iPad Pro since it serves up desktop versions of websites much more reliably.

8. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

purify

9. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

What happens when you disable it? Still the same problems? My guess is that some ad blockers are very slow and disturb Safaris normal working.

10. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Seeing none of this on Safari so far on my iPad Pro. Hope I don't either!

11. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

12. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

13. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

No issues with that site

Usually happens after browsing for a bit

14. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

I didnt mean it lags full time, it was an example site that can show up the issue.

15. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

Not had any issues on mine and also to add I use Safari and Chrome side by side quite often and do not experience any issues. No ad blockers installed.

16. friedmud macrumors 65816

No problems here either. Safari is crazy smooth on the iPP. I don't have any ad blockers installed...

17. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Been using Safari like crazy on my iPad Pro and it runs silky smooth. No problems at all

18. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

Weird. It happens every now and then after browsing for awhile and the only way to fix it is to close out safari and reopen.

19. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Silky smooth most of the time on mine. There were a couple times where it became unresponsive and just froze, but hasn't happened since then. It's been great

20. BoiledCabbage macrumors newbie

This is also present on the iPad Air 2, and i wonder if it occurs on the other 2GB devices (mini 4, 6S/6S+). It's super annoying and almost spoils the device for me because it occurs quite frequently on pages i visit regularly.

It most certainly is not attributable to ad blockers, because I've switched them off and I have also recreated the issue on mulitiple Air 2/iPad Pros in the the Apple store.

To recreate the issue:
    Go to this rather simple site: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/

It should load fine in a new tab; however, if you go to an image heavy page (e.g. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1046854&page=5), load it up, and then next in that same tab go to https://www.ozbargain.com.au/ again, you'll see there is terrible rendering lag when scrolling down the page. If you open a new tab and load ozbargain, it will render fine, but it will continue to render poorly within the original tab.

You may not think it's a big deal, since you can get around it by simply opening a new tab and closing the problematic one, but I find it takes away a lot of fluidity from the browsing experience.

21. max2 macrumors 68000

This is interesting and the first time I heard of this problem.

22. double329, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016

double329 macrumors 6502

I have not seen such issue with the Safari on my IPP nor Air 2.. Super fast on IPP, web page load is close to instant. As the matter of fact, that is the reason I got ipad.

23. macaximx macrumors 6502

No problems here either with that site. Using Magic Ad Blocker.

24. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I've seen this complaint before, but I've never had this issue on any website I browse. However, I'm not a super-heavy user; I generally have at most two or three tabs open and I always close them when I'm done with them. I also use Purify.

25. sjleworthy, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016

sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

it usually happens for me on image heavy sites or blogs without safari complete restarts. happens all the time actually.

regular browsing is fine (like this forums site). but i use image heavey sites. i notice it constantly. have always noticed it on whatever ipad i've used.

i dont use any ad blocker. perhaps i should try?

/EDIT

just installed Purify. perhaps it'll block background scripts or other crap? or any settings/tips that i can use with it?

i'll report back