Safari page loading errors - again and worse

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Blue Velvet posted about a week ago that she was getting a ton of page loading errors. It happened to me occasionally, then arn said he changed something and the problem seemed to go away.... until yesterday. Its back with a vengence for me. Sometimes I have to hit refresh 3 or 4 times before it will take me to the thread I clicked on. A minute ago, I must have hit refresh 20 times and it would not go. What's going on? Anyone else dealing with this?

Attachments

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Is it a the forums error? or is it just safari? I say this because on the odd occasion safari does not open some pages, but after a refresh (or a couple) it works. I think it's a bug that needs to be fixed, or it could just be me?

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I've seen this plenty in the past, but not recently. I'm convinced that it has something to do with the bulletin board software, but I can't prove it.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
DeSnousa said:
Is it a the forums error? or is it just safari? I say this because on the odd occasion safari does not open some pages, but after a refresh (or a couple) it works. I think it's a bug that needs to be fixed, or it could just be me?
I believe it is related to a bug in Safari, but sometimes it seems to get better or worse.

I know what you mean mj. I never had a significant problem until the last 2 days or so. Its weird.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
made another small change. let me know if doesn't affect anything.

arn

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Thanks for keeping after this elusive problem, arn. The weird part is, those of us who report seeing it, don't report seeing it at the same time. It hits me for a day or two and I see it in just about every thread, then it goes away and I don't see it at all for days or weeks at a time.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Haven't noticed that particular problem but since the last update Safari has been really playing up when loading pages on my iMac and my PowerBook. I get the blue bar in the address window freezing about an inch in and refusing to load the page. This happens far too often and I really hope that Apple fix it with 10.4.7

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ok.... turned compression off for now. Let me know if it happens from this point on.

arn

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Don't know if it's related but I've now been getting pages that load weirdly. Fonts are overlapped and not all posts are showing. Once again, a refresh fixes it all though. :)

I'll try to get a snapshot next time it happens. :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
mad jew said:
Don't know if it's related but I've now been getting pages that load weirdly. Fonts are overlapped and not all posts are showing. Once again, a refresh fixes it all though. :)

I'll try to get a snapshot next time it happens. :)
Same here!

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks arn! Everythings been ok today so far. I had to switch to Firefox last night it got so annoying. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Whoa! Just got the crazy text problem... here's a screenshot.

Attachments

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Seems to be a bit better recently. When it was happening, I noticed the Avatars Not Enabled popped up. Maybe it has something to do with server load. Or maybe arn's fixed it. :p

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
CrazyText™ on almost every page I look at today. Normally a couple of refreshes cleans it out, but it freaked me out the first time it happened.