Safari Page Loads Consistently Stalling (iPad)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Huntn, May 11, 2015.

1. Huntn, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Do you experience this? Have you found a solution? I've been experiencing this for a couple of weeks. Shutting down Safari, restarting the iPad did not correct. A blurb online said to go to iPad Settings> Safari> Clear History and Data and select that, which I've done. It seems to have helped, but I'm curious if there might be other causes and/or tips floating around? Thanks!

http://appletoolbox.com/2013/06/ios-safari-freezes-fix/

I don't get the bolded. I thought this erases apps off the ipad?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah, the bolded instructions do delete apps. To close them you just do a four finger swipe up and then slide up the ones you want to close.

As for the reloads....can't help ya there. Mine seems to be behaving.

3. Huntn, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I've found that since resetting Safari, that it's back to being well behaved now. :)

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Good to hear. Every once in a while it's good practice to clear out any browser on any device or phone. It's a habit for me now to do it.

Kewl. :cool:

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Besides this, a bigger impact on my IPad performance including Safari responsiveness and page loads appears to be clearing out unused apps and unnecessary data. I went from 100 MB of free space to 4 GB. For example, I never check my email on my iPad and cleared off 2 GB by deleting my gmail account off the iPad. Safari is very responsive now. :D