Safari search bar doesn't hide in full screen

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by johnnyparafango, Jan 16, 2016.

1. johnnyparafango macrumors newbie

Hi, I've this problem since Yosemite and still persists after 10.11 clean install:
    every time I search for something directly in the searchbar, after I press return the window with searching suggestion, bookmarks and history doesn't hide. ONLY in fullscreen mode.

It's very annoying because I must click somewhere in the screen to make it disappear, and this problem appears only with google search and duckduck. No with bing or yahoo.

I tried everything: clean install, update all osx versions, delete all preferences files, create different users.
    At this point, I can't figured it out if this problem is related to iCloud or not.

Someone with the same, tedious, bug?
    Thanks!

2. dsemf macrumors regular

Try Safari >> Preferences >> Search tab. Uncheck Include search engine suggestions.

I was also having this is issue (and use DuckDuckGo). Your post prompted me to investigate. Thanks.

DS

3. johnnyparafango thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I've already tried this, as well all other options but no results.

Yesterday I noticed that every time I click on a url or if I change tab, in console this message appears
    Code:
    _CGXRemoveWindowFromWindowMovementGroup: window 0x60 is not attached to window 0x6e

4. johnnyparafango thread starter macrumors newbie

Up: It's definitely a issue related to iCloud, because I have the same problem with a new iMac logged with the same account. Still no idea about fix it.

5. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

6. johnnyparafango, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016

johnnyparafango thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly! I've got a brother in this issue, I thought I was the only one on the earth! Let me now if you find a solution and I'll do the same! But now I'm hopeless :(

7. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

I definitely will. ;)

By the way, I just saw your issue at the Apple Community, as I was searching for other people with the same problem. :p

8. Jonnnathan macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm having the same issue: it only happens on full screen and with Google on the default search engine. Did you solve the problem?

9. johnnyparafango thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    no, unfortunately I was not able to solve it. But I don't know why, the problem disappeared by itself. Not sure if it's due to an update but I don't think so (I always checked if osx/safari updates fixed it).

By the way now I'm running 10.12.4 without that bug.

10. Jonnnathan macrumors newbie

11. johnnyparafango thread starter macrumors newbie

I had it for more than 3 years with completely different versions of osx and after clean installs. I started to think that was a driver issue (and I'm still thinking) than boom.. Magically disappeared

Hope that for you will last shorter!

12. Modernape macrumors regular

Are you saying the problem disappeared when you installed 10.12.4? Or, was it still present even with that, until some random point recently?

13. johnnyparafango thread starter macrumors newbie

As I said I don't know. I think it disappeared even before 10.12.4. The point is that, due to this issue, I hadn't used Safari for a long period, so I'm not 100% sure.

Now I'm on 10.12.5 and the issue seems not present.