So after weeks of looking and debating, I think I've decided. Mac Mini Server, so with Quad core processors, turning off the server apps. upgrade Ram to 16gb and upgrade primary drive to 128gb SSD (all third party, obviously). Secondary drive can remain for media etc and all my apps can run off primary SSD for crazy fast loading and operating (case already ordered to turn left over drive in to external portable hard drive) But I HATE the idea that a week later, Apple might bring out a better one. I'm not planning on doing too much with it as my desktop, but I want to future proof it, make a machine I can still with for a good 3 years or so. I have no doubt this will be über powerful for everything I want, I just don't like the idea that if I wait I might have been able to get more. Can't wait forever either as I need it for my new open university module. Argh! Damn Apple! What do we recon? Likelyhood of an update in next 8 week? As a percentage? 50%? 100% certainty? 10%, unlikely?