Samsung Galaxy S does the "death grip" even better...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsmemuffins, Jul 16, 2010.

1. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Suckers... the biggest problem of any Android device is well Android.

3. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

At this point a lot of people are aware other phones do that whether they believe it or not. It's the dog days of summer and the Obama, iPhone 4 launch, and BP lashing is getting stale. Time for Mel Gibson, Apple lashing and jailbird Lindsay to quench our interest until the football and fall TV line up emerges to dumb us down into mush.

4. thrust macrumors member

no no no no no other smartphones do this! /sarcasm

alot of poeple forget these phones are that complex now they all have problems look at them they are like mini PC's alot of tech in a small device.

this iphone 4 is better than my first PC athlon 850mhz,512mb sd ram, 20 gig HD lol.

i would bet that 40% of the people jumping on the iphone do not even have a iphone 4 they just want apple to fail for some unknown nerd reason.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think Apple would have done better with Mel Gibson making the apology today.

At least everyone would have forgotten about the phone for the next couple years.

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

7. tjw1981 macrumors newbie

I've never had good experiences with Samsung phones, and that would have happened to me if I had one that one.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I have both an iPhone 4, and a Samsumg Captivate.

The Captivate can be held in either hand without affecting signal strength. The iPhone fails.

9. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

Actually I went to the AT&T store and tried this personally and it does drop bars that fast.
    I wanted to see if the phone was any better than the iPhone. I didn't try and make any calls on it though to see if it truly was dropping all signal.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I was able to make the Captivate drop signal pretty easy.

11. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

This makes me feel much better about my iPhone dropped calls if my pinky grazes the bottom edge. :D

12. marcin0903 macrumors regular

I belive that most of smartphones has that, but that amount is bigger in case of iPhone 4, because it's selling freaking awesome, so that's the "problem".

BTW. Finally someone from Poland - recognized when I was looking at the Ebay in the movie - it was in Polish ;)

13. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

The Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate/Vibrant) already has a widespread issue, but its not with the cell phone antennae.

You iphone 4 fan-boys-turned-RF-experts (lol) should be able to use your smarts to figure it out.

14. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Genuinely curious, what is the widespread issue? GPS?

15. wreckshop macrumors 6502

drops to 0dbm 0asu at the end of the vid. Looks fake to me.

16. EddyP macrumors 6502

Oh come on. I read this gem there:
    "diz video is bs. i got the fone nd got no problem with it."

That convinced me.

17. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

So, Samsung didn't create this either? Straight from the Galaxy S User Manual

[​IMG]

18. samcraig macrumors P6

So you proved my point. Samsung is transparent about their issue and they are holding themselves accountable.

Now... Show me in Apple's documentation where they say anything about how to hold the phone or even if holding the phone a certain way will cause an issue.

(pssssst I already checked. It's not there)

19. EddyP macrumors 6502

:)
    (pssssst Jobs said it the day the phone was launched)

20. lilo777 macrumors 603

Obviously not the same problem that iPhone 4 has. Apple fans should stop spreading this conspiracy theory that iPhone is a victim of mass media attack. Just remember that before iPhone 4 nobody singled out iPhones for reception issues. Can you count the fingers touching the phone on this picture? Same goes to the videos. Even in the second one - it's two hands and four fingers with one of them covering entire side of the phone.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Psssst. To geeks and fans watching or listening to a keynote.

Are you trying to tell me that printing it in customer manual documentation for all purchasers is the same as mentioning it in a keynote before the product is in anyone's hands?

How many of the 2 million iPhone buyers do you think saw or read a transcript of the keynote.

Yeah. Exactly.

22. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Does it matter? Unless it's on an advertisement then you wouldn't know before purchasing, either way. People really argue about anything here lately.

23. EddyP macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, it was the first day the thing went on sale.

He basically in an email said the same thing as the picture "don't hold it that way".

No it's not the same as being in the manual. But he was transparent about the issue (day one the things were on sale). If just putting a picture in the manual telling people not to hold the phone a certain way gets the other companies a free pass, I would think the same thing applies to Apple given Jobs day 1 comments.

But people know the apple products much more than the others so any news about them gets blown all out of proportion (both ways, good and bad).

24. sciwizam macrumors regular

Did he CC that email to every buyer?

25. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

problem with the iPhone is you have damp hands (sweat on them) and your Pinky touches that one spot phone is dead.

You can not do that on the Samgsung. It is impossible to short out it. It requires everything being covered.

Apple design is a flaw.
    A better idea apple could of done is run the cell antenna on the back of the phone and then could of run the wireless one on the out side. They require so little space it is not worth using that agrument. It can fit in the air space it is such a thin wire.