Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iggyfan66

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2013
Thank You

I had the same problem yesterday, just get the CUPS drivers for Mac... These are just like the linux drivers above, but they are all nice and packaged up for Mac with an installer...

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosxsamsung-gdi

Download all 3 things (samsing-gdi, foomatic-rip, and ghostscript). Install all 3 but make sure you install foomatic-rip first. Reboot so that your printer system is restarted then choose the Samsung-1710 foomatic driver and it will work.

I'm using this on my machine and all is happy.

Thanks for the great post I finally got my printer working an ML-1710. I tried using the Splix drivers, but I couldn't figure out how to run N installer, guess I don't understand UNIX enough. These pre-packaged drivers worked perfectly!!!

deadnancy

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
Still working for Mavericks

I had the same problem yesterday, just get the CUPS drivers for Mac... These are just like the linux drivers above, but they are all nice and packaged up for Mac with an installer...

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosxsamsung-gdi

Download all 3 things (samsing-gdi, foomatic-rip, and ghostscript). Install all 3 but make sure you install foomatic-rip first. Reboot so that your printer system is restarted then choose the Samsung-1710 foomatic driver and it will work.

Just wanted to say thanks for this solution which has kept my ML-1710 going for years, and mention that it still works for Mavericks.

One note: I did not need to restart.

frogqit

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
Samsung ML1740 Printer Driver Not Working - Help

I did all the above, then went to the Library>Printer>Samsung and there was no ML1740 listed on Lion OS or ML1710 there were no ML Series listed

What step did I miss?

Leonida92

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2015
Thanks a lot

Yesterday I became crazy, while I can't remember that I've done the upgrade, and I MUST print a copy for my daughter.....
I was so furious that i accidentally cut the usb cable....
this morning i solve the puzzle with your help....
Thanks a lot.
:):):):):):apple::apple::apple:

bayu right

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016

i am using OSX 10.9.5
Samsung ML 1610 Worked
thank you very much

fatah18

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2018
Greetings fellow Mac users,
I have a problem with my Dell 1110 laser printer (AKA Samsung ML-1710). In Snow Leopard, it would print fine, but in Lion, for whatever reason, it displays the message "/usr/libexec/cups/filter/rastertospl failed". I navigated to the file, and it would not run due to it having PowerPC code. Is there any way to recompile that part of the driver in a code suitable for Lion, and if not, is there anyway to find another driver that is compatible with Lion and the ML-1710?

Thanks,

FNH

MacBook May 2008, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, Mac OS 10.7, iPhone 3G on iOS 3.1.2
[doublepost=1535793714][/doublepost]Download Drivers for Samsung ML-1710 Here
Samsung ML-1710 Driver

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.