Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
In memoriam of the Note 7, the best looking phone I've ever seen.

Hoping that the Note 8 will be very similar just with the screen extended upwards and downwards.

Also, those of you who proclaimed the Note line dead a few months ago, I trust you'll follow the path of honor and refrain from posting in this thread :D

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Cue the S8 vs Note 8 wait debate. Okay, I got carried away with that one.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I'm most likely going to wait for the Note 8, S7 edge will do fine until then.
Though I must say, the S8 is looking pretty cool, and has an IR blaster again!
I'm intrigued to see the so called Samsung folding phone that's rumoured to be announced this year also.
One thing is for sure, they'll all be expensive!

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well it won't blow up and I'd expect it to be bigger then the S8?? But with the S8 Plus rumoured at over 6" I'm not sure. No doubt it'll be packed with tech. Not sure about the finger print scanner on the back but you never know.

icemanbrfc

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2017
It has been confirmed there wilk be a Note 8. Why do you think it will be very late?
Because the S8 announcement is late, and the exploding battery fiasco is another reason they will possibly release later on. They will not want another repeat of that, so its possible that they will conduct as much QC testing before unveiling.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Because the S8 announcement is late, and the exploding battery fiasco is another reason they will possibly release later on. They will not want another repeat of that, so its possible that they will conduct as much QC testing before unveiling.
Lol the S8 is late because they are waiting for productuin of the SD 835. That was the only reason. They have the battery issues figured out now. They have made millions of phones since then with no issues.

Reactions: Demo Kit

icemanbrfc

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2017
Lol the S8 is late because they are waiting for productuin of the SD 835. That was the only reason. They have the battery issues figured out now. They have made millions of phones since then with no issues.
Not according to somebody from Samsung. Other devices are completely different to the Note in terms of battery and the design of the phones. They made millions of other handsets without them exploding prior to the Note 7, right?

Another thing, the production of the Snapdragon processor has got nothing to do with the late unveiling. Why would they release late based on that? Samsung normally unveils their flagships at MWC, but this year they havent, and its not due to the SD 835 being delayed because of production. Samsung has got 1st dibs on that 835 chip anyway according to various sources, and phones that will use that wont be able to release until after Samsung has done so, or so the talk has gone.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Not according to somebody from Samsung. Other devices are completely different to the Note in terms of battery and the design of the phones. They made millions of other handsets without them exploding prior to the Note 7, right?

Another thing, the production of the Snapdragon processor has got nothing to do with the late unveiling. Why would they release late based on that? Samsung normally unveils their flagships at MWC, but this year they havent, and its not due to the SD 835 being delayed because of production. Samsung has got 1st dibs on that 835 chip anyway according to various sources, and phones that will use that wont be able to release until after Samsung has done so, or so the talk has gone.
You need to get caught up on current events. Just search here in MR .....all the info inhale read says they delayed the S8 due rinoriducruin issues with the SD 835. They Note 7 battery issues will not happen again. Then they have sold millions if phones since then with no issues. Then if the batterybdrsifn if the N7 was that unique......that itself says it will never happen again. But hey to each his own. If you have fears don't buy a Samsung phone....prety simple.

Reactions: Demo Kit

icemanbrfc

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2017
You need to get caught up on current events. Just search here in MR .....all the info inhale read says they delayed the S8 due rinoriducruin issues with the SD 835. They Note 7 battery issues will not happen again. Then they have sold millions if phones since then with no issues. Then if the batterybdrsifn if the N7 was that unique......that itself says it will never happen again. But hey to each his own. If you have fears don't buy a Samsung phone....prety simple.
Why do you think i have fears? I have used samsung before, im using a Note 4 now. Ive been to various mobile conferences, and im in the Cellular industry, where we talk to Samsung and other manufacturers, the networks etc.

You said Samsung released plenty devices after the Note 7, but they also released plenty of Samsungs before the Note 7 without battery issues. Samsung will delay with their flagship devices which the S8 and the Note 8, they will do so not just because of any production issues with a chipset. For Samsung, the battery issues are much more important to get right on their next flagships. Get it wrong again, and there will be consequences throughout the company..

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Why do you think i have fears? I have used samsung before, im using a Note 4 now. Ive been to various mobile conferences, and im in the Cellular industry, where we talk to Samsung and other manufacturers, the networks etc.

You said Samsung released plenty devices after the Note 7, but they also released plenty of Samsungs before the Note 7 without battery issues. Samsung will delay with their flagship devices which the S8 and the Note 8, they will do so not just because of any production issues with a chipset. For Samsung, the battery issues are much more important to get right on their next flagships. Get it wrong again, and there will be consequences throughout the company..
No doubt there will be consequences if the battery issues continued. But what makes you think they will?
Then every news article has said since the SD 835 is so new and because of production issues and quantities that has delayed the release of the S8 models. The S8 will be the first phone with the SD 835.
I am sure Samsung will be quadruple checking everything involved with the QA aspect as well. They can't afford another disaster like that again.

But everything I have read so far says the SD 835 is what has lead to the one week delay for the S8

Then where did you read there was not going to be a Note 8? All current news says they will be a Note 8. Even Samsung has said so......and they were keeping the Note name as well.

icemanbrfc

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2017
No doubt there will be consequences if the battery issues continued. But what makes you think they will?
Then every news article has said since the SD 835 is so new and because of production issues and quantities that has delayed the release of the S8 models. The S8 will be the first phone with the SD 835.
I am sure Samsung will be quadruple checking everything involved with the QA aspect as well. They can't afford another disaster like that again.

But everything I have read so far says the SD 835 is what has lead to the one week delay for the S8

Then where did you read there was not going to be a Note 8? All current news says they will be a Note 8. Even Samsung has said so......and they were keeping the Note name as well.
I said there might not be a Note 8 or it might be delayed due to the late unveiling of the S8. Samsung have always released their flagships at MWC, and later on the Note series. This is the 1st time that they have had to miss MWC in terms of showing off the flagship, but its not just due to a SD 835 production issue or whatever they are saying. As i said above, Samsung will be the 1st to have the 835 chip, neither HTC with the Ultra, or LG with the G6 could release with this. LG released the G6 with a SD 821, and HTC the Ultra with the same 821.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I said there might not be a Note 8 or it might be delayed due to the late unveiling of the S8. Samsung have always released their flagships at MWC, and later on the Note series. This is the 1st time that they have had to miss MWC in terms of showing off the flagship, but its not just due to a SD 835 production issue or whatever they are saying. As i said above, Samsung will be the 1st to have the 835 chip, neither HTC with the Ultra, or LG with the G6 could release with this. LG released the G6 with a SD 821, and HTC the Ultra with the same 821.
Samsung was involved with the fab and design of the SD 835. They have pretty much gobbled up all the production of it so far this first part if the year. That is why no one else has a 835 phone so far like the G6 and HTC Ultra.

Still why would any if this delay or affect the Note line? The Note release is 6 months away.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Whoa! Best. Typos. Ever! Rinoriducruin in particular sounds so scientific! If I ever form a garage band that's what I'm naming my band! Or my next dog...the possibilities are endless. Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious doesn't hold a candle to the glory of Rinoriducruin!

Okay I now return you to your regularly scheduled debate. :p

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Whoa! Best. Typos. Ever! Rinoriducruin in particular sounds so scientific! If I ever form a garage band that's what I'm naming my band! Or my next dog...the possibilities are endless. Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious doesn't hold a candle to the glory of Rinoriducruin!

Okay I now return you to your regularly scheduled debate. :p

lol I guess I should slow down and proof read :)

Reactions: 5105973

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I'm most likely going to wait for the Note 8, S7 edge will do fine until then.
Though I must say, the S8 is looking pretty cool, and has an IR blaster again!
I'm intrigued to see the so called Samsung folding phone that's rumoured to be announced this year also.
One thing is for sure, they'll all be expensive!

Idk if it's your IR Blaster control a TV or just a part of camera scheme. It really depends on how much access they give because rooting takes away Samsung Pay and triggers Knox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.