Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Thanks
Do you know why this is
Whenever I want to open a PDF document, the option to open with Adobe doesn't appear...
[doublepost=1516122003][/doublepost]Which browser do you guys prefer? Samsung's or Chrome?
Can't help.with Adobe question but I recommend the Samsung browser for sure. It's excellent.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks
Do you know why this is
Whenever I want to open a PDF document, the option to open with Adobe doesn't appear...
[doublepost=1516122003][/doublepost]Which browser do you guys prefer? Samsung's or Chrome?
That is very odd. It should give you the option, maybe try reboot the phone?

I use Samsung browser, it better.

Sevanw

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Samsung has a special Note 8 for all the Olympians of the upcoming winter Olympics and Paralympics. Very generous of them to keep doing this at all the Olympics. I gotta say, this white with gold accents looks gorgeous. They need to make this color option available on the next S9 and Note 9. I think it would be a very popular pick.

PyeongChang-2018-Olympic-Games-Limited-Edition-1.jpg
PyeongChang-2018-Olympic-Games-Limited-Edition-2.jpg
PyeongChang-2018-Olympic-Games-Limited-Edition-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: co.ag.2005

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Samsung has a special Note 8 for all the Olympians of the upcoming winter Olympics and Paralympics. Very generous of them to keep doing this at all the Olympics. I gotta say, this white with gold accents looks gorgeous. They need to make this color option available on the next S9 and Note 9. I think it would be a very popular pick.

View attachment 747243 View attachment 747244 View attachment 747245
I would love to Pearl White offered here in the states for the S9 and Note 9....

Reactions: Sevanw

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
That is a nice looking phone, but not my style. I think they would do very well too with a black version with the gold trimmings.

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Not sure what is wrong with me but I just ordered the Note 8 for the 4th time. Just so sick of my iPhone. Hopefully this time its a keeper

With that amount of back-and-forth with just one model, I’m curious to know what was it that made you return to the iPhone such quickly last three times? Whenever I think about giving up my S8+, I try using my iPhone 7 for a while. So far it has worked by the time I try to type something. You guys would be rushing me to a hospital with a suspected alcohol poisoning if I had published this comment in the form it came out of my iPhone keyboard. Holy typofest, Batman!

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Man.....I can’t decide between going back to the Note 8 or give the Pixel 2 XL a try. I had the Note and loved it. The only thing that really got on my nerves is that the theaming wasn’t always consistent. Like I always liked black themes and you’d still have a white nav bar when the keyboard would come up. And white notifications. I know there were a couple mods to help with that but it never really did it the way I liked. Otherwise amazing phone.

The Pixel camera looks awesome but I know the screen won’t be as good. But the simplicity is nice.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
With that amount of back-and-forth with just one model, I’m curious to know what was it that made you return to the iPhone such quickly last three times? Whenever I think about giving up my S8+, I try using my iPhone 7 for a while. So far it has worked by the time I try to type something. You guys would be rushing me to a hospital with a suspected alcohol poisoning if I had published this comment in the form it came out of my iPhone keyboard. Holy typofest, Batman!

I was (and still am) pretty engulfed in their ecosystem. But over the last few months i've really been trying out new services (i.e. Spotify vs. Apple Music, Wunderlist vs. Reminders) and things like that. I also lost alot of weight using the Apple Watch to "help" me but more recently now that' I've changed my lifestyle I've relied less on the watch as my eating and exercise habits have become a real part of my lifestyle now. so again before it was really just a matter of the ecosystem. But i know i'm not replacing my Macbook once it dies, i turn off imessage on all my devices other than my iphone, i use google for cloud services and i dont "need" my Apple Watch anymore for health purposes. So i feel i might be able to escape Apple's clutches lol..

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
Man.....I can’t decide between going back to the Note 8 or give the Pixel 2 XL a try. I had the Note and loved it. The only thing that really got on my nerves is that the theaming wasn’t always consistent. Like I always liked black themes and you’d still have a white nav bar when the keyboard would come up. And white notifications. I know there were a couple mods to help with that but it never really did it the way I liked. Otherwise amazing phone.

The Pixel camera looks awesome but I know the screen won’t be as good. But the simplicity is nice.

Careful. With the S9 thisclose the OS on the Note might seem "dated" (not really but if you're "going back" to a phone, it means you swap a lot).

I've had the note 8 and XL 2. Different experiences. Unless you use the features, I'd recommend the XL 2. Just fair warning: there will be times you'll want to do something on the XL 2 assuming you can, only to find out NOPE, only the Note "does that" whatever the "that" is. That's the key with the Note, I think. If you use a lot of its "can do THAT" stuff, then Note all the way.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Careful. With the S9 thisclose the OS on the Note might seem "dated" (not really but if you're "going back" to a phone, it means you swap a lot).

I've had the note 8 and XL 2. Different experiences. Unless you use the features, I'd recommend the XL 2. Just fair warning: there will be times you'll want to do something on the XL 2 assuming you can, only to find out NOPE, only the Note "does that" whatever the "that" is. That's the key with the Note, I think. If you use a lot of its "can do THAT" stuff, then Note all the way.

Yeah good call regarding the S9. So far the leaks haven’t inspired me much but that could obviously change at launch.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
That is very odd. It should give you the option, maybe try reboot the phone?

I use Samsung browser, it better.
It opens up with the Samsung pdf driver..
Only when I'm on there I can then select the option to open with something else.and then Adobe appears
How do I make Adobe the automatic choice?

kdarling

macrumors P6
It opens up with the Samsung pdf driver..
Only when I'm on there I can then select the option to open with something else.and then Adobe appears
How do I make Adobe the automatic choice?

Settings - Apps - click on the app that opens as default for pdfs. Scroll inside its entry to where it says it launches as default. Click on the button that will clear its defaults.

The next time you click on a pdf you should get choices again.

Reactions: nviz22 and jamezr

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Too late in the cycle to get a note 8 now?

I’m tempted to pick 1 up but not sure if I should just hang on for the note 9 now

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It prevents downgrading and prevents Odin from being able to install ROMS and the ability to root the phone. basically, any firmware that is not signed by Samsung, can't be flashed using Odin. There is still a workaround.

https://wccftech.com/latest-samsung-galaxy-s8-s8-note8-bootloader-prevents-flashing-new-firmware/
So it would still install official firmware and roms from Samsung then. I heard it would also prevent Samsung roms from different regions as well.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Wow, that sucks. Glad I'm not into loading roms on Galaxy devices anymore.
I haven't done anything like that since my Note 5. I have no need to root or install custom ROMs anymore. I used to have to run a custom ROM on the Note 5 because that's the only way the battery life on mine would last a full day. It would go from 100% to 30% in 8 hrs, even if I left the phone at home with no usage.

By the way, this also patches the Spectre and Meltdown vulenarbilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.