Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I'm partial to Launcher Pro myself
It gives me the cool cube affect for the app drawer, the performance is much better then the stock UI on my Droid x and I can limit the number of screen panels (I only need 3 not the 7 the stock UI provides). Plus the home button gives me the expose like feature of seeing all of the screens and selecting which one I want.

When I get bored of TouchWiz I may have to give that a go. I've recently rooted my N1 and installed CyanogenMod 6 RC2 and love the thing even more now.

The key to my happiness was being able to root without unlocking the bootloader, saving my warranty. :cool:

If the hacking community embrace the Galaxy S as much as they have the G1/N1 I may have to get one. It would be nice to see someone get around the Droid X's controls too.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
So my wife got a Samsung Captivate yesterday. While it is a nice phone I am still happy with my IP4. The screen looks great but the res is not quiet as high as the IP4. The IP4 battery life kills the samsung. I don't care what the claims are. I like what samsung has done with android but I still feel that the apps for iOS are just much better quality. I am jealous of the widgets, voice control and google maps navigation. Overall it will be neat to have around and mess with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.