Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
http://m.pocketnow.com/2016/07/13/samsung-pay-satisfaction-survey-amazon-gift-cards

On one hand, the Auriemma Consulting Group found Samsung Pay to “outscore Apple Pay on a number of metrics” in its latest Mobile Pay Tracker, based on the opinions and usage habits of 2,004 early US digital wallet adopters.

But you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it’sthese types of special offers, alongside Magnetic Secure Transmission technology, that help Samsung Pay score stellar satisfaction grades.
just hit my feed..

But I wonder for how much longer it'll get a boost from being able to be used on swipe machines.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I can't believe the slow rollout of these pay systems be it android pay / samsung pay / apple pay .... They are all still just a mystery here.

Reactions: Demo Kit

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
So more Apple Pay users would recommend over Samsung pay, but Samsung pay is better liked? Ok then.:confused:

Well at least Samsung Pay ,you know , actually exists.A Apple Pay is definitely catching up but needs a more widespread rollout

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Well at least Samsung Pay ,you know , actually exists.A Apple Pay is definitely catching up but needs a more widespread rollout
But I guess is not as recommended. So people recommend a non-existent product?
[doublepost=1468419312][/doublepost]
Because Apple users are blinded to the world outside of Apple by their own fanboyism, and refuse to accept that something could be better than what Apple offers.
Don't know if your serious or not, if you're not, okay ha. If you are, perfect example of "extreme fanboism" on the "other side". People who live in glass houses and all of that...

Reactions: Solomani

Surf Donkey

Suspended
May 12, 2015
Samsung buying LoopPay was a smart (and costly) move. It immediately lets them say Samsung Pay is available everywhere. While Apple and Android Pay is not. However within 5 years, they will nearly all be identical in usage. So arguing over which is better today is just a pissing match. It is not like Samsung actually made any technology here. They outbid everyone else and implemented a legacy technology in their phones first.

It would have been better for everyone if LoopPay remained 3rd party and could be used with all devices. But that isn't good business for the "we have what you don't" mentality of corporations and consumers.

Reactions: nj1266 and Solomani

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Because Apple users are blinded to the world outside of Apple by their own fanboyism, and refuse to accept that something could be better than what Apple offers.

They absolutely refuse to accept that certain things can be well implemented than what Apple does
But I guess is not as recommended. So people recommend a non-existent product?
[doublepost=1468419312][/doublepost]
Don't know if your serious or not, if you're not, okay ha. If you are, perfect example of "extreme fanboism" on the "other side". People who live in glass houses and all of that...
Your point?Samsung Pay tops the list because I don't have to worry about it being unsupported at any location .Apple Pay scores lower because of a lower sample size due to low population size

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
They absolutely refuse to accept that certain things can be well implemented than what Apple does

Your point?Samsung Pay tops the list because I don't have to worry about it being unsupported at any location .Apple Pay scores lower because of a lower sample size due to low population size
In one year when everything is chip and pin there will be no advantage to Samsung pay. Apple Pay will have the advantage as it will be integrated into websites as well.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
In one year when everything is chip and pin there will be no advantage to Samsung pay. Apple Pay will have the advantage as it will be integrated into websites as well.

You mean chip and pin in the states..

Both of these companies are world wide and I'm sure Sammy did the ROI on the purchase of loop pay.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
You mean chip and pin in the states..

Both of these companies are world wide and I'm sure Sammy did the ROI on the purchase of loop pay.
This is samsungs biggest flagship market and when swipe goes away that advantage evaporates. I do look forward to Apple Pay on websites.

I actually stopped using Apple Pay because it's faster to swipe a credit card as I carry two ccs in my pocket at all times. My son actually had a "hijack" attempt on his phone in the city when he used Apple Pay.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Sometimes it was quicker to swipe than using Samsung Pay. But now all my cards have been updated with smart chips. Now Samsung Pay is always quicker than inserting my card in the slot and waiting for authorizing. And some terminals are a pain, if you don't insert your card just right, it will fail and you got to do it again. I've been using Samsun Pay much more because of this.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Sometimes it was quicker to swipe than using Samsung Pay. But now all my cards have been updated with smart chips. Now Samsung Pay is always quicker than inserting my card in the slot and waiting for authorizing. And some terminals are a pain, if you don't insert your card just right, it will fail and you got to do it again. I've been using Samsun Pay much more because of this.
Actually you make a good point. :)

In those terminals where your card is to inserted it takes a while for authorization. But this is the states. When I was in Iceland I used my Amex everywhere and authorization was instant.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
This is samsungs biggest flagship market and when swipe goes away that advantage evaporates. I do look forward to Apple Pay on websites.

I actually stopped using Apple Pay because it's faster to swipe a credit card as I carry two ccs in my pocket at all times. My son actually had a "hijack" attempt on his phone in the city when he used Apple Pay.

Is Samsung pay only on flagships though?

^^ I really don't know

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Too bad Samsung will already be on the next best thing by then.You act as if Samsung is gonna stay still while Apple is in its rearview mirror

Reactions: macfacts

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
Samsung buying LoopPay was a smart (and costly) move. It immediately lets them say Samsung Pay is available everywhere. While Apple and Android Pay is not. However within 5 years, they will nearly all be identical in usage. So arguing over which is better today is just a pissing match. It is not like Samsung actually made any technology here. They outbid everyone else and implemented a legacy technology in their phones first.

It would have been better for everyone if LoopPay remained 3rd party and could be used with all devices. But that isn't good business for the "we have what you don't" mentality of corporations and consumers.

Perfectly stated. I find Apple Pay the best implementation of all the NFC payment services I've used, with a near zero failure rate. Samsung Pay, however, when it works, is all kinds of awesome because no one ever believes my fancy phone is going to work with their old card swiper. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.