Samsung PRO 12 inch

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by pr0230, Mar 12, 2014.

1. pr0230 Suspended

Just looked at a Samsung Pro... Very compelling from a first look at BestBuy...

I have to say if it was the APPLE PRO ,I would buy it in 1 nano second...

The resolution was great... Ability to ADD 128 GB. 3 gig Ram...

WILL APPLE COME CLOSE...I dont think so...
    WiLL APPLE EXCEED ... NO...

I think the Samsung PRO is my next Ipad...

2. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

iPad Air vs the new 12.2 pro samsung tablet: no contest iPad Air wins.

You do realize after the gimmicks fade, the sheer number of quality apps in the iPad wins every single time.

Good luck, many do love their alternative selections but majority still go back to the iPad. iPad is the defacto standard in which all other tablets are judged.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

the samsung pro would be your next tablet, not iPad.

4. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

Samsung does make excellent tablets but i'm not a fan of Touchwiz even though they toned it down. The screen has gotten rave reviews as well as the speed of the tablet.

My advice is to buy from a retailer that has a good return policy in case you don't like it.

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not me

Note pro blows ipad out the water for my needs.. Each to their own though

Ipad is great for apps bit little else for what I use my tablet for

----------

I use nova for note 3 and tablet.. And love the launcher

7. mclld macrumors 68000

The app issue is nothing for me, I dont really even use apps on my phone or a tablet. This is all I use consistently on my phone/tablet
    Google Voice
    Gmail
    Chrome
    games

8. rhinosrcool, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Please. Maybe a couple of years ago, the iPad ruled. No more. Though I don't have this tablet, I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and it blows away any iPad. Alone, the s pen dominates. How many attempts have there been to make a decent stylus for the iPad? Many, and they all suck! Right now, I'm typing this with my bt keyboard and mouse. They work great. With an iPad, not so much. Also, there's the sd card slot. No i anything has that. As for apps, true the app store has more apps but the play store has just as many good ones. Yes, if you compare builds, the iPad kills. Since I use a case, this isn't much of an issue. My tablet is very fluid and is a pleasure to use. The Note 12.2 is superior to mine in many ways. If the budget allowed, I would snatch one up in second. iPads are good tablets, but not better than the Note tabs.

9. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

The myth that Android has no good tablet apps needs to die.

10. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

I find the app thing a little oversold as well...

I looked at the samsung 12 pro and I think it is a pretty good tablet. I dont like how tiny the pen is though; it does draw well.

I passed on this and got a surface pro--its more but its so awesome. I use my ipad for reading and web catchup. So I haven't replaced my ipad--just retasked it. Hope apple gets t he pen thing together--i will really have a hard time justifying another ipad

11. kdoug, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014

kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Yea, Engadget really loved that P.O.S. Quote;
    "To me, the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 is quintessential Samsung. It's emblematic of that spaghetti-to-the-wall approach we've seen the company indulge in time and again."
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/22/samsung-galaxy-note-pro-12-2-review/

12. mclld macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

lol man people and their insecurities. Seriously people these are rasndom stranger opinions about electronic devices

First world problems if there ever was!

13. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

I returned my iPad mini. The screen issues really bothered me and it didn't seem to matter if I exchanged it, I would still probably get a yellow tinged screen.

Bought the 12.2 pro from amazon and loved it on first sight. Perfect consumption and productivity tablet. Yes I had to exchange mine for a screen issue but the replacement has been running great.

Reading comics on it and drawing has been a joy. Video is great too but I have not played much games on it.

Regardless if Samsung likes to carelessly flood the market with all types of devices, I'm glad the company gives you a choice of size and products.

Apple disappointed me twice with both versions of the mini. No retina in the first and then faulty yellow screens in the second.

14. MikeyMike01 macrumors 6502

I'd settle for a web browser that's as good as Safari for iPad.

15. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Surely you mean on iOS 7.1 because 7.0.x was brutal for safari :p tab refresh syndrome, crashes galore on 64 bit devices.

16. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

I really want that new Samsung 12 incher to write my memoirs or novels on :D

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Had mine for a few weeks and best thing I ever did was buy this tablet

18. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Firefox for Android.

BOOM!

19. Rodster macrumors 68040

Dolphin is another good browser. I like Mercury on iOS but haven't checked if it's available for Android. Opera is worth a look as well.

20. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

So i'm experiencing the same screen static/flickering issue that i had on my first pro. I don't understand how these multibillion companies charge premium prices to the consumer yet use inferior components.

(i'm talking about Apple and Samsung):mad:

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Forget the lovely wife/partner
    Forget the kids

The best thing you EVER did :p

22. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Ha good job I don't have either

23. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Not if you need

1, Wacom
    2, multiwindow multitasking

Otherwise, I agree. I have a lot of iPads and Android tablets (except for these Notes) and almost exclusively use the iPads now that they're jailbroken and I can use essential stuff like f.lux.

----------

Yup, the screen is the rMini's Achilles heel. I dislike the screen of mine too... however, it's still an order of magnitude better/nicer-to-use than my Nexus 7 2013...

24. jamezr Suspended

jamezr

I just picked up Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 today! I gotta say I am so impressed!
    My iPad air will soon be headed to swappa......
    Great display and bigger screen and just added a 64 GB sd card.

25. penplotter macrumors regular

The words "Samsung" and "Pro" are inherently misaligned; that's a contradiction in terms. Nothing about Samsung, overall, comes across as "Pro" in any manner, least of all their advertising and marketing "strategies".