Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung is set to hold a virtual "Unpacked" event next week, on Wednesday, August 5. To build excitement for the event, Samsung today released a teaser video showcasing silhouettes of the products it will reveal next week (via Engadget).

The products in question appear to be new Samsung smartphones, like the Galaxy Note 20, a new tablet and stylus, new Galaxy Buds, and a new smartwatch. Samsung typically unveils new products at events in August, last year announcing the Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Home Speaker, and Wireless Charger Duo.

Of the new 2020 products that could be announced, one that has been seen in leaks is the Galaxy Buds Live. This accessory is a pair of Bluetooth in-ear headphones with noise cancellation support and a 4.5 hour battery life. The headphones are believed to compete with the AirPods Pro, although they undercut Apple's price tag at $169.

In another leak, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is said to include a Snapdragon 865 processor, an 11-inch LCD screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, and a 8,000 mAh battery. There will be an 8-megapixel front facing camera and 12-megapixel rear-facing camera, and 128GB of expandable storage.

You can also find complete 360-degree views of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 20 online, thanks to numerous leaks. If you're interested to watch the official unveiling of the products, Samsung's Galaxy Unpacked event will be live streamed on the company's website at 10 a.m. ET.

Article Link: Samsung Releases Teaser for Galaxy Unpacked Event on August 5

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Love them or hate them, they are one of if not the largest of Apple's direct competitors. Competition breeds innovation.

I actually moved to the Galaxy S10 last April and I've really enjoyed it, something I couldn't say for my previous Android phones when coming from iOS - I'd somehow always find my way back to an iPhone but so far - I've been pretty happy with it. Really have no complaints for once! (Ok, Bixby is pretty hit or miss but barring that).

I purchased the Galaxy Buds for $99 and they've been stellar on my phone and work PC and I use them for Teams calls all day long.

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Haters are going to hate, but this looks really cool. I can’t wait to see what they unveil.

Samsung is a great technological powerhouse, they have had deep lows and I do believe they copy others frequently (just like Apple does) but they can make great products as well.

Let us not forget Samsung is integral to Apple’s supply chain, they make or have made for them in the past: CPU, Storage, Display, Batteries, Camera sensors... pretty much what makes a Smartphone.

Love them or hate them, they are one of if not the largest of Apple's direct competitors. Competition breeds innovation.

(Ok, Bixby is pretty hit or miss but barring that).

Man I hate Bixby, I wish Samsung just got rid of it.

Last edited:

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008

I actually moved to the Galaxy S10 last April and I've really enjoyed it, something I couldn't say for my previous Android phones when coming from iOS - I'd somehow always find my way back to an iPhone but so far - I've been pretty happy with it. Really have no complaints for once! (Ok, Bixby is pretty hit or miss but barring that).

I purchased the Galaxy Buds for $99 and they've been stellar on my phone and work PC and I use them for Teams calls all day long.

Yep, I own Apple devices mostly (iPhone/Mac/Powerbeats Pro) but when it comes to home appliances, I really like Samsungs, just bought a new smart tv from them, I prefer them over the Chinese brands at least. OTOH in the smartphone market, I think the Chinese are beating Samsung hard in the low and middle brackets...

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Calling it now: Samsung is finally going to enter the makeup tutorial space!

makeup1.png
makeup2.png
makeup3.png

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
I'm probably not buying a phones this year, Apple or Samsung. Normally, I would buy the iPhone and the Samsung S series phone along with that years Note. The last Samsung phones I bought was the S10+ and the Note 10+/ I'm still using the Note 10+, in fact I have two. I'm still using my XS Max as well and really don't feel the need to upgrade these phones.

Daum

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2015
Been hyped about Samsung products like I used to be about Apple. We used to gather around at work and watch Apples press conferences but now I'm the only one at my desk watching Samsung's cause no one else cares. Hahaha

Reactions: Professor Rucy

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
I watch the Samsung events, and actually get some insight and cool looks on innovation. The majority of Apple’s features, especially iOS14, have been done before on other platforms. But Apple gets the fanfare.

Last edited by a moderator:

swm

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2013
finally, we might get a foldable samsung galaxy pro max 2020 watch to make our life complete.

Ds6778

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2016
Let’s see

- Expensive but will drop in value after the first month essentially killing resale value later on.

- 2 years worth of OS updates. How Samsung knights try to defend this is severe Stockholm Syndrome. Imagine paying 1-1.5K on a device to be dropped like a bad habit a year or two down the road.

- Baked in Ads that you cannot remove. No matter how many settings you play with, Samsung still puts ads in their default apps. (Opting out of marketing does not fix this)

- In display fingerprint sensors are still not as fluid/seamless as Face ID or a dedicated fingerprint scanner. Maybe the Note 20 will address this.

- One UI. Personal opinion, but One Ui has to be one of the ugliest looking skins I have ever seen. Big bulbous icons painted in neon that clash with googles own app design language. One UI triggers my software OCD.

- Tug of war between Google Apps and Samsung’s duplicate apps. Why two of almost everything?

malkovich87

Suspended
May 13, 2020
Let’s see

- Expensive but will drop in value after the first month essentially killing resale value later on.

- 2 years worth of OS updates. How Samsung knights try to defend this is severe Stockholm Syndrome. Imagine paying 1-1.5K on a device to be dropped like a bad habit a year or two down the road.

- Baked in Ads that you cannot remove. No matter how many settings you play with, Samsung still puts ads in their default apps. (Opting out of marketing does not fix this)

- In display fingerprint sensors are still not as fluid/seamless as Face ID or a dedicated fingerprint scanner. Maybe the Note 20 will address this.

- One UI. Personal opinion, but One Ui has to be one of the ugliest looking skins I have ever seen. Big bulbous icons painted in neon that clash with googles own app design language. One UI triggers my software OCD.

- Tug of war between Google Apps and Samsung’s duplicate apps. Why two of almost everything?

you can skin the UI - but honestly, Android‘s just a mess and I don’t want any of Google’s Spyware on my phones (or tablets, computers, smart speakers, TVs etc)

Reactions: macsound1

tomi03

Suspended
Dec 8, 2015
Genève. Suisse
All years the same people complaining about other products while macOS, and Apple laptops are a fail; iOS 14 looks more like a mix between Windows Phone, and Android, and Apple TV sucks. Flawless logic.

Reactions: Sebosz

malkovich87

Suspended
May 13, 2020
All years the same people complaining about other products while macOS, and Apple laptops are a fail; iOS 14 looks more like a mix between Windows Phone, and Android, and Apple TV sucks. Flawless logic.

speak for yourself. I greatly enjoy the entire Apple eco system, except for Siri on the homepod, which truly is useless.

Reactions: macsound1

malkovich87

Suspended
May 13, 2020
Amazing!!! I guess negation is a way to solve problems on Catalina, the MacBook Pro 16”, and find something relatively good on Apple TV.

I have literally zero issues with neither Catalina nor my MacBook Pro 16" and I use Apple TV to watch Netflix, Sky and Disney+

Also not sure why this needs to be discussed in a Samsung phone thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.