Samsung S7 sales vs Apple iPhone sales (and what % are switching)

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by samcraig, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jamezr macrumors G5

jamezr

lol....they just didn't like the data that was being reported that's all.

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Seeing a lot of s6/s7s around NYC. I would say its split 50/50 among people.
    I rarely see any other android OEM besides Samsung. Really a shame.

3. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Basically. In terms of mainstream flagships right now it's iPhone and Galaxy.

4. MrNomNoms macrumors 65816

I work for a bank whose call centre operates out of New Zealand and I'm surprised at the number of iPhone users who have switched to Samsung mobile phones even though the bank in question supports both Android Pay and Apple Pay - that includes Mac users who are also using Samsung phones as well. I think a good amount of it is due to the fact that what will drive a lot more sales in the future will be based on what end users can do by way of what third parties ultimately end up writing for the smartphone. In the case of the iPhone although iOS 10 has improved in extensibility for developers the problem is that Apple very much restricts developers from being able to access hardware such as not opening up NFC for third party developers.

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Absolutely. That's one reason I switched to Android last month and am staying Android. We've got supercomputers in our pockets these days, and to hamper their full capabilities just seems a little backward.

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

There are a million and one western tech companies salivating for the chance to pillage these Chinese companies for patent infringement as soon as they try and expand their global reach.

Remember when Xiaomi was supposed to be bigger than Apple according to industry commentators...now the notion is bad comedy.