Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Why even bother against HTC? I've owned both brands and HTC is a couple of steps lower in technology and quality.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Congrats to Sammy. If Apple is paying attention, this can only mean they'll step up their game. I must confess, while I'm satisfied with my 6, I think I could be happier considering what the competition is doing.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
You have to be kidding? They faked the whole survey? Got proof or just sour grapes?

Don't they get people to rate them? That is my understanding how reviews work. No? So they get customer to rate them on categories. Since they already got caught faking reviews why not on this survey as well?

¿I gave you prof on my first post?

Here's more
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/04/17/samsung-fake-web-reviews/
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2474306/smartphones/samsung--cheats--galaxy-s4-benchmarks--wonka-incensed.html

Point being, if Samsung can't be trusted how can they be trusted here? Now if they did get a good customer satisfaction on their own that's a great feat.

----------

Yup they got caught doing shadiness a couple times.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Don't they get people to rate them? That is my understanding how reviews work. No? So they get customer to rate them on categories. Since they already got caught faking reviews why not on this survey as well?

Here's more
http://www.computerworld.com/articl...ts--galaxy-s4-benchmarks--wonka-incensed.html

Point being, if Samsung can't be trusted how can they be trusted here? Now if they did get a good customer satisfaction on their own that's a great feat.
So you never read the original post and the poll did you? Go back and read it and look at the poll then see if your questions make sense after that.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar

Here's more
http://www.computerworld.com/articl...ts--galaxy-s4-benchmarks--wonka-incensed.html

----------

Yup they got caught doing shadiness a couple times.

Really, are you seriously doubting about the report because Samsung did something shady?

The report has nothing to do with Samsung, do you know that?

Can you explain how Samsung can fake the report when they don't know who the hell the company doing it will call? Now you will say that the man has not gone to the Moon, it is the same level of conspiracy

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Can you explain how Samsung can fake the report when they don't know who the hell the company doing it will call?

Well it's obvious isn't it. Subliminal messaging to all their users. That's the real reason for touchwiz :rolleyes:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
And older devices aren't 'bricks' once updated.

Practically, they are. Noone wants to use an

- iPhone4 where just opening the Phone app takes some 2 seconds in 7.1.2 (the latest iOS version available for the device), while it took only 0.6 seconds in iOS6.

- iPhone 3G where just opening the General submenu in the Settings app takes 24 seconds in 4.1.2 (the latest iOS version available for the device), while it took only some seconds in iOS3.

and the list continues. Apple does have a track record of intentionally? neglectfully? making "old" hardware pretty much useless via the last-released iOS "upgrade".

----------

Congrats to Sammy. If Apple is paying attention, this can only mean they'll step up their game. I must confess, while I'm satisfied with my 6, I think I could be happier considering what the competition is doing.

Highly unlikely Apple steps up their game. They're doing exactly the same mistake as both BB and Nokia did: they became far too complacent and think they can remain the first without adding as many features (4K video, Qi recharging etc.) as possible. This will eventually result in the same downfall as that of the two previously-mentioned companies.

Daiphoneboss

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2015
This report doesnt take into count of iOS 8, the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus/Air 2/Mini 3/ Apple Pay and also Samsungs 60% profit drop

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
So you never read the original post and the poll did you? Go back and read it and look at the poll then see if your questions make sense after that.

From Wikipedia.
The ACSI interviews about 80,000 Americans annually and asks about their satisfaction with the goods and services they have consumed. Potential respondents are screened prior to interviewing to guarantee inclusion of customers of a wide range of business-to-consumer products and services, including durable goods, services, non-durable goods, local government services, federal government services, and so forth. Results from data collection and analyses are released to the public throughout each calendar year. ACSI data has been used by academic researchers,[1] corporations,[2][3] government agencies,[4] market analysts and investors,[5] industry trade associations, and consumers.

So they get people, ask them for their opinion and they go off that. Now it does say those people are screened. But again, Samsung has a dirty past. Why can't they just do it again? And again I am not saying it like I'm 100% right. Because I'm prolly not.

----------

Really, are you seriously doubting about the report because Samsung did something shady?

The report has nothing to do with Samsung, do you know that?

Can you explain how Samsung can fake the report when they don't know who the hell the company doing it will call? Now you will say that the man has not gone to the Moon, it is the same level of conspiracy

Ahh you are right but I highly doubt the company calls random people and then asks them if they have a Samsung phone and then IF they don't hang up ask how they feel about said phone. It has to be more clean than that. No?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
From Wikipedia.

The ACSI interviews about 80,000 Americans annually and asks about their satisfaction with the goods and services they have consumed. Potential respondents are screened prior to interviewing to guarantee inclusion of customers of a wide range of business-to-consumer products and services, including durable goods, services, non-durable goods, local government services, federal government services, and so forth. Results from data collection and analyses are released to the public throughout each calendar year. ACSI data has been used by academic researchers,[1] corporations,[2][3] government agencies,[4] market analysts and investors,[5] industry trade associations, and consumers.

So they get people, ask them for their opinion and they go off that. Now it does say those people are screened. But again, Samsung has a dirty past. Why can't they just do it again? And again I am not saying it like I'm 100% right. Because I'm prolly not.

Lol really? That's what you got from all that? That somehow Samsung paid off 70 thousand random anonymous people somehow? Dude..... Reality is a bitter pill for some.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Lol really? That's what you got from all that? That somehow Samsung paid off 70 thousand random anonymous people somehow? Dude..... Reality is a bitter pill for some.

Unfortunately the reality is samsungs lousy quarter in mobile electronics to go with their top of the heap status.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Note 4 is being replaced. Bad Camera

My S5 also had to be replaced for a bad camera.

My S4 got replaced for a defective DAC.

That's 3 for 3 with QC issues, however I am a repeat Samsung customer because overall the product and experience they offer are very good.

Though next year, I think I will return to Apple for the 6S+ provided it has 2gb of RAM.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Ahh you are right but I highly doubt the company calls random people and then asks them if they have a Samsung phone and then IF they don't hang up ask how they feel about said phone. It has to be more clean than that. No?
They probably contact the phone suppliers like they do here in the UK. These outlets then pass on your information on and tell them what phone you bought and this enables them to compile correct data.

I have had calls asking for my opinion and if every iPhone owner is like me and is fed up of being called to fill out surveys with cold calling, they are swiftly told to go away very impolitely. Perhaps that goes down as a dissatisfied iPhone customer? I couldn't care less to be quite honest.

Survey's are what they are. They are approximate estimates that enable companies to complete possible projections depending on what they are asking. Having carried out primary research myself for Uni assignments when I was younger or for work based data before product design can start, you have to accept a good proportion of interviewee's just want to blast through the questioning as quick as possible and will happily say 'yes' if 'no' means extra elaboration and time on the phone. Its all great, humans are great :)

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Lol... It must be very hard for Apple loyalists to admit that the iPhone6 / 6+ is severely beyond the top of the competition (most importantly, WRT the 6+, the Note4) except for some areas (fingerprint reading, ApplePay - two things I'd never use; for example, here in Europe, ApplePay is useless).

Their only "argument" is the usual "yeah, Samsung must have bribed all of these customers"

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Lol... It must be very hard for Apple loyalists to admit that the iPhone6 / 6+ is severely beyond the top of the competition (most importantly, WRT the 6+, the Note4) except for some areas (fingerprint reading, ApplePay - two things I'd never use; for example, here in Europe, ApplePay is useless).

Their only "argument" is the usual "yeah, Samsung must have bribed all of these customers"
I have to admit it is a devastating blow to my own self esteem knowing my phone might not have a customer base that are entirely satisfied. I get on my knees most nights and pray that the Holy Apple come up with a solution to end what seems like never ending misery.

Or perhaps apologists of one and fans of the other are spectacularly overlooking the fact they are missing the irony of being so alike in their approaches? Hand on heart now people, does this really bother you and affect how you enjoy and use your smartphones? There is your answer. Be it best or worst, it is only your opinion that should really matter. ;)

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I have to admit it is a devastating blow to my own self esteem knowing my phone might not have a customer base that are entirely satisfied. I get on my knees most nights and pray that the Holy Apple come up with a solution to end what seems like never ending misery.

Or perhaps apologists of one and fans of the other are spectacularly overlooking the fact they are missing the irony of being so alike in their approaches? Hand on heart now people, does this really bother you and affect how you enjoy and use your smartphones? There is your answer. Be it best or worst, it is only your opinion that should really matter. ;)

Dunno.. this year, after carefully comparing the iPhone6/6+ to the Note4, I've gone for the latter as

- in Europe, I couldn't use ApplePay at all
- only the iPhone6+ has OIS
- no 4K
- no Qi (highly important)
- no swappable battery
- no dual camera (VERY useful, particularly when shooting interactive social video)
etc.

That is, I'm one of those ex-iPhone users that did vote by their wallet (and punished Apple for not being sufficiently innovative).

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Samsung squeezed past Apple in consumer satisfaction for smartphones

Note 4 is being replaced. Bad Camera

My S5 also had to be replaced for a bad camera.

My S4 got replaced for a defective DAC.

That's 3 for 3 with QC issues, however I am a repeat Samsung customer because overall the product and experience they offer are very good.

Though next year, I think I will return to Apple for the 6S+ provided it has 2gb of RAM.

I had similar issues with my iPhone's replacements.

iPhone 4 replaced because no signal/service when holding it a certain way

iPhone 4s replaced when home button became really loose.

iPhone 5 replaced when video card went out

iPhone 5s had to have the home button replaced then the video went out too.
My 6+ has been rock solid so far. I am s repeat iPhone customer and will probably get the 6s + too

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Dunno.. this year, after carefully comparing the iPhone6/6+ to the Note4, I've gone for the latter as

- in Europe, I couldn't use ApplePay at all
- only the iPhone6+ has OIS
- no 4K
- no Qi (highly important)
- no swappable battery
- no dual camera (VERY useful, particularly when shooting interactive social video)
etc.

That is, I'm one of those ex-iPhone users that did vote by their wallet (and punished Apple for not being sufficiently innovative).
That is fair enough. We all have different demands from a mobile phone and none of the things you have listed are of interest to me for example. I am a mid sized user after all and have no interest in phablets as they fail on size before I even compare features. We are just a fraction of the market though.

Samsung's sales are down and Apple's are up so it is difficult the judge the situation with contradictory data. One company are loving the fact their two releases in late 2014 are popular like never before and the other can have some joy that they appear to have the most satisfied customers up until May 20th 2014 in North America. Perhaps both companies have reason to smile? I think they have both brought some great products to the market recently which have proved to be competitive.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Unfortunately the reality is samsungs lousy quarter in mobile electronics to go with their top of the heap status.
you keep repeating the same old sales thing........ might as well throw in the earnings too! :)
so when all said and done Samsung sold less phones than Apple yet more people were happy with them.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I had similar issues with my iPhone's replacements.

iPhone 4 replaced because no signal/service when holding it a certain way

iPhone 4s replaced when home button became really loose.

iPhone 5 replaced when video card went out

iPhone 5s had to have the home button replaced then the video went out too.
My 6+ has been rock solid so far. I am s repeat iPhone customer and will probably get the 6s + too

7th iphone in 4 years. 3 iPhone fours just retired due to time to upgrade. I can't complsin. Two of the iphones belonged to teenagers after three years replaced under service contract.

----------

you keep repeating the same old sales thing........ might as well throw in the earnings too! :)
so when all said and done Samsung sold less phones than Apple yet more people were happy with them.

you kept repeating the same thing as well. I think it's important to keep year old results in perspective in 2015. I don't know how those survey results in being able to deduce the absolute numbers satisfied with either device.

There certainly is a huge gap between sstisfaction and sales for both companies.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
you kept repeating the same thing as well. I think it's important to keep year old results in perspective in 2015. I don't know how those survey results in being able to deduce the absolute numbers satisfied with either device.

There certainly is a huge gap between sstisfaction and sales for both companies.

Thats cause Im replying to you and the tired old rhetoric........
Apple sells more phones and makes more money.......all true! Samsung lost money....true! But from less sales more people were happy with the Samsung phones they did buy. That says a lot. It will be interesting to see some year end customer sat polls. It could all reverse itself. You never know.......

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Do you know how many phones Samsung sold after the survey was published on 20th May 2014 to give a definitive answer to that? For all we know the phone's in Samsung's range in the same class as the iPhone perhaps sold more or continued to sell less? I don't think any of us know that right now.

We have evidence that among the people surveyed in North America up until 20th May, more people were satisfied with their Samsung mobile phones than any other manufacturer. This does not take into account further sales beyond that point of the S5, Note 3 and the releases of the Note Edge and Note 4 following later in the year. Also not to mention more of the competition from LG, Moto, and Apple to name a few, plus the percentage of people who did not take part.

I get the impression we really should have been discussing this survey 8 months ago when it was originally published as it seems fruitless attempting to apply it to the current state of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.