Samsung sued......By Dyson.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by MonkeySee...., Sep 10, 2013.

1. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Looks like they're not just looking to rip off phone design.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24023430

Shameless

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

This is why I hate samsung. They have no sense of design.

Dyson made a great design for their stuff, just as apple has, make your own!!!!

I haven't supported samsung for the last 3 years. I only own 1 Samsung product, and it is a monitor.

I Switched to LG and Apple for my preferred Electronics, and kirby for vacuums!!

Don't support companies that cheat.

3. MonkeySee.... thread starter macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I don't understand why they keep doing it. Surely there would be more pride in making your own work?

Bizarre :confused:

4. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

Profit > pride

I still would rather have the Apple business model...

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

This is more of a legit case than Apple's. But still, rather unacceptable of Samsung. 0/10.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How many other companies have ripped off Dyson. Seems like all the vacuum's now use the cyclonic design.

7. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

And there is more profit (for Samsung) to copy someone else's work.

But Dyson should not be worried. Samsung vacuum cleaners will be the first vacuums ever that don't suck.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, those companies paid a royalty to Dyson for that design?

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Do we really care about vacuums?

BTW ... Good for Samsung. I heard they added a feature that the vacuum shuts off when you look away from it and turns back on when you look at it.

10. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Many have.

But its a shame Dysons are low end junk.

http://www.kirby.com/

Real vacuum.

11. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Definitely my G7 Diamond rocks and will still do so 20 years from now. Then after a quick rebuild it'll do another 25.

12. G51989, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

I love my G7, perfect for my ground floor.

For upstairs, I have a Kirby from 1957, its a 517. Was found in my great grand parents house when we finally cleaned it out a few years ago.

You wouldn't think they would refurbish it. Wrong, 380 dollars later, I had the same unit that looked brand new with most of the orginal parts, just cleaned up.

Now thats what I call reliable. over 50 years old, still beats a dyson. Cleans better to.

13. Macist macrumors 6502a

If Samsung are ripping off Dyson its products can only get worse.

James Dyson created a kind of 'genius inventor' mystique/marketing gimmick around himself but his products are very poor.

'Bagless vaccuum cleaners that retain their suction'. No they don't. They're utter junk compared to a £99 Numatic Henry, the best domestic vacuum you can buy at any price. I've used the same Henry machine several times a week around the house, to clean the car, even to suck up heavy building dust and light rubble. Still going strong.

My mum, for some reason, still likes Dyson cleaners even though she gone though about 6 of them (they aren't very reliable) in the time I've had a Henry. She even bought me a handheld Dyson as a Christmas gift. No idea what it's supposed to suck up - fairy dust? Doesn't pick up anything else.