Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
Got an email last night saying more phones were available. Haven't received the shipping notification yet (it was 8pm when I filled out the info) but I will be getting a S6 Edge

Same here. Got the email this morning. No shipping yet. Figure it can't hurt to try it out, although as much as Apple QC bugs me I can't see jumping ship. As an aside, does anyone know if you can pop your sim in rather than use the one that comes in the Galaxy phone?

Last edited:

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I checked this morning and all they had carrier wise were Sprint phones so I ordered a Sprint Note 5 really out of curiosity since its essentially a free phone for a month and I'd like to see how Sprint's service has changed in the year and a half since I stopped working for them.

Just happened to get an email from Fedex that the phone will be delivered on Thursday!

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
Maybe I missed it, but what is the storage space on these phones? 32, 64, 128? For $820 for a S6 Edge your think it'd be at least 64.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Seriously? Used? Wow. That's not cool. If that's the case then it'll be going back for sure. Geez.

Yes it was running apps and had dust on the screen under the protector which was reapplied again. Moreover the box was not sealed as well. After seeing the box I said thanks to Apple for making such a beautiful box of iPhone.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
It's amazing how much higher quality the apps are on iOS, even Google's own.
Not sure why anyone would say this and not be joking. I use both ios and Android daily and the worst possible Google app on ios is G+. On iOS it just plain sucks...bad!!! As for Drive, Hangouts, photos... All better experiences on Android. I find Chrome and Maps to be pretty much same-same though.

What is ironic is just how crappy Safari is on the iPad compared to Chrome on the iPad. Even with Apple hamstringing all web browsers on the platform, Chrome is still the overall better experience.

But for many other apps, I don't see much of a difference. At least on the apps I use. (I don't use Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram or any of those other social/picture taking apps, so maybe that sort of app is better on iOS; I don't know?)

Reactions: jamezr

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I got the invite that says I have 24 hours to get the edge plus. I click on the email link on my iPhone 6s. Give my information and credit card info and I keep getting the error message "oops". And it never confirms.

What is the problem with the test drive program?

I tried clearing the cache. Tried using different credit cards. All the same "oops" error message on my iPhone

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    400.8 KB · Views: 93

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
Note 5 was delivered last night. Played with it for a couple of hours. Honestly this made me appreciate my iPhone even more.

Pros: Bigger screen than my 6s Plus in a smaller form factor. Display is gorgeous even though the Note 5 I received had a yellow tint.

Cons: The apps quality compared to IOS is laughable. Never knew it was that big of a difference. Apps on the iPhone is considerably better, both in looks and functionality.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I've got a Note 5 on the way.. should arrive today. I was going to switch to the S6 from my 5C in August, but I returned it the next day. I never really got to use the camera much, which was the was the main reason I wanted the S6, so I'll play with the camera now. I'm also curious to see how the S-Pen works and how battery life compares to my 6S+.

Last edited:

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
I've got a Note 5 on the way.. should arrive today. I was going to switch to the S6 from my 5C in August, but I returned it the next day. I never really go to use the camera much, which was the was the main reason I wanted the S6, so I'll play with the camera now. I'm also curious to see how the S-Pen works and how battery life compares to my 6S+.

after using s6 edge+ i only love my 6s plus and 6 plus. i am going to return mine in 2-3 days. Its horrible.

Reactions: CE3

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Moreover the box was not sealed as well. After seeing the box I said thanks to Apple for making such a beautiful box of iPhone.
Wow really? I think it is safe to say you are full on in Apple cult land, you wouldnt be able to give a fair assessment of the galaxy

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Wow really? I think it is safe to say you are full on in Apple cult land, you wouldnt be able to give a fair assessment of the galaxy

well ofcourse i am a part of Apple cult. i just wanted to compare both the devices. and trust me even the box of S6 doesnt come close to box of iPhone. Apple has special eye for paying attention to detail.

HerdJC

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
West Virginia
I've had mostly iPhones in the last few years but I did have a Note 3 for about 6-7 months. I really liked the phone but it just didn't have the polish of an iPhone. I did the test-drive to see how the Note 5 compared and again, I really like the phone but it just doesn't have the polished interface and apps. I really miss the S-Pen though.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I got the invite that says I have 24 hours to get the edge plus. I click on the email link on my iPhone 6s. Give my information and credit card info and I keep getting the error message "oops". And it never confirms.

What is the problem with the test drive program?

I tried clearing the cache. Tried using different credit cards. All the same "oops" error message on my iPhone

Same issue I has while trying to do the test drive.

Lammy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Wonder why... Oh well my 24 hours are up anyway.
I actually just went on the website and got it to work. I didn't use the 24 hour link though.

I wanted to try T-Mobile to see how it is in my area so I just chose T-Mobile and then chose each phone and if it said waitlist I clicked the next one. Eventually got the s6 edge.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I actually just went on the website and got it to work. I didn't use the 24 hour link though.

I wanted to try T-Mobile to see how it is in my area so I just chose T-Mobile and then chose each phone and if it said waitlist I clicked the next one. Eventually got the s6 edge.

Do you know why you ran into issues when putting in your cc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.