Samsungs Ad Campaign sinks to a new low.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Dr McKay, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Dr McKay, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

[​IMG]

Video

Source

This just seems insulting, implying I have to "Wake Up" just because I like my iPhone....

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Love it. So simple and it seems to be spreading around the web like crazy. Good job, whoever made it happen :)

3. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Stupid bit of publicity from Samsung but you should never feel insulted over a faceless corporations views on an inanimate object produced by another faceless corporation.

Life is too short to worry about such things IMO.

All they have managed to do is alienate you as a consumer I'd guess. You win that one.

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Samsung recruiting sheep to hold up signs to other "sheep". Yeah, good job.:rolleyes:

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

What evidence is there that this was the work of Samsung?

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Thb Samsung wouldn't get away with this everywhere. It could be classed as intimidation certainly by UK law

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

And the store was pretty much empty... And it was probably like 7AM.

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It seems a bit low and rather bizarre, but if it works (in terms of publicity), its a success.

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

A couple of questions:

How do we know it's Samsung? Sorry if I missed something, but in the video I didn't see anything indicating Samsung

Second...what the hell does it mean. Wake up to what? Wake up from what? And what does it have to do with Apple?...if anything.

It looked like they were just starting doing whatever they were doing at the Apple Store, and then moving on to some other venue.

Basically...WTF!!??:confused:

10. Dr McKay thread starter macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I don't know, the article I read said it was Samsung but I don't know what proof they have. Also Samsung have been poking fun at Apple fans in many of their adverts, showing us as sheep, or mindless drones. I think they mean wake up that.

11. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Wait, you associate with the people shown in Samsung's ads ? As an Apple user, I will stand by Samsung and laugh at those "fans" of "Apple". Seriously, feeling attachment to faceless corporations is just wrong and yes, anyone that is in that mindset needs to "Wake up!".

12. Dr McKay thread starter macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I don't associate with those, but I feels like Samsung thinks everyone who owns an iPhone is a sheep and needs to "Wake up". I wouldn't automatically say I'm a fan of them, more an iPhone fan, however I'm jumping ship soon to try the Lumia 900.

13. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Incredibly weird. Looked to me like an "anti Foxconn working conditions campaign".

14. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I don't get this ad from Samsung? I did wake up 3 years ago and went from a Samsung phone to an iPhone and have had an iPhone ever since. I couldn't be happier.

15. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I'm not a fan of anything related to electronics. That's just ludicrous in my mind.

And I don't feel like Samsung thinks everyone who owns an iPhone is a sheep, only those who stand in line waiting to buy one and bash anything else on the market. And frankly, I find those people need to wake up too.

You know what they say, if the hat fits...

16. Dr McKay thread starter macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

The Ad with the mindless drones didn't bother me at all, because I have never stood in line for anything the day before. This ad however was aimed at anyone who's been into an Apple Store. Seeing as that's what they targeted.

17. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

You see in it what you want to see in it. Frankly, I loathe going to the Apple store, I find the experience there is terrible and I go only when I absolutely must, so I don't see it that way. I don't feel they are targeting me at all. All the other people who just hang out at Apple stores though, making my experience a total nightmare ? Yeah, they need to wake up and get out if they have no business there so I can conduct mine in a timely fashion.

18. *LTD*, Apr 26, 2012

*LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Wake up to what? Lousy software and even worse support?

We've *already* awoken to superior User Experiences, the best consumer mobile devices on the planet, and the best service in the industry.

I suppose Samsung doesn't read Consumer Satisfaction reports. All they need to do is read the tech headlines, day after day.

Even during Apple's alleged "weak quarter", they still sold 35 million iPhones, have the only tablet that actually appeals to consumers, continue to outpace the PC industry in growth, and have the entire industry in breathless expectation about what market they'll conquer next.

But Samsung will resort to anything, rip anything off, and sink as low as they need to in order to grab Apple users. But they aren't actually doing that. All they're doing is hurting other Android OEMs. Which is fine, really. Let em fight over Android.

Years ago it was all the "Windows sheep" who got roped in thanks to Microsoft's universal licensing racket. But today, it's all the Apple fans, because they have *actively chosen* Apple gear, rather than the sea of Wintel that still clogs the market. The mass demand for and satisfaction with Apple gear isn't indicative of mindless drones. It indicates consumer recognition of quality and value. Finally.

I guess that makes us "Elitist." Quite a compliment, if there ever was one.

Signed,

Happy iSheep.

19. neiltc13, Apr 26, 2012

neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Even when a thread has nothing to do with Microsoft you manage to get the dagger in.

Just a bit surprised you didn't find a way to attack RIM at the same time.

20. Tinyluph macrumors regular

This seems like something that is or should be illegal.

21. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Is there any actual proof that this is a Samsung campaign?

If it is, it's certainly doing a good job of getting people's attention.

22. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Of course it'll get attention. It's something awkward and stupid on large scale.

23. Stella, Apr 26, 2012

Stella macrumors 604

Stella

AppleInsider has a story on this.
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ind_mock_protest_flashmob_at_apple_store.html

IMHO, its just about interesting enough to post... nothing more or less.

Why? Because Apple was the target? Would you be upset if it was a microsoft store?
    Make this illegal you'd have to ban all flash mobs in public areas. They weren't trespassing on Apple property - I'm assuming Apple don't own the sidewalk immediately outside their store.

24. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I agree that it's awkward because it doesn't really get any particular message across (wake up from what?).

Again, who is actually responsible for this?

25. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

It's getting attention for the wrong reasons, though. If I go outside and yell random things, it'll get attention, but not necessarily good attention.

I don't mind Samsung products, but it seems they'd simply be encouraging the same sort of brand loyalty that they're apparently ridiculing Apple customers for having.

Of course, this might not be Samsung and I hope it's not.