Samsungs iPhone trolling ad..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plexdk, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plexdk macrumors 6502

Hi there,

Check this out:

Its a funny one, but still - is Samsung really that desperate? Direct mocking of another brand in commercials? Thought they didn't need to do that anymore. I can't really see what it gains.
    This commercial doesn't really say anything about the current products from either side, since they are just showing the history of things (now that iPhone is pretty much up to date). Maybe thats the only thing they can punk apple about now, the way they didn't catch up in the past?

*puzzled*

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I thought the ad was clever and tasteful actually. It highlighted some of the potential shortcomings of an iPhone over the years without actually making fun of anyone (as they’ve done in the past).

The headphone jack is kegitimatelynsomething I’m still bitter about. Don’t care what anyone says, it didn’t need to go.

3. Treyhunna macrumors regular

Treyhunna

funny but inaccurate, iPhone X line should have been longer.
    didnt take Samsung long act like the note 7 never happened. lol

4. plexdk thread starter macrumors 6502

I just dont see the reason for looking at the past?

So I would buy a S8, because the iPhone 6 was behind 3 years ago? *shrugs*

5. shootertwist14 macrumors member

they rarely do these kind of commercials anymore... until iphone X and those long lines shown across the world again shows why Apple remains the gold standard for smartphones. Naturally, samsung had to find a way and remind everyone that "hey when we came up with those features years ago how come people didn't line up like that?" LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.