Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I couldn’t be happier with my sapphire glass. I upgraded to a refurb SSS4 after the S5 was released. I spent the last 5 days hiking more than 60 miles over rocky AZ trails, climbing over boulders, and bumping into almost anything imaginable. I have a couple of predictable dings in the case, but the crystal is flawless. My aluminum 3 would have numerous scratches on it, I’m convinced.

Reactions: Vampire14

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
On the other hand, Jerry Rig Everything is a very outspoken Apple hater. He uses every opportunity he can to bash Apple. Do we know for a fact he isn’t rigging his tests? Lol.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
My S4 aluminium scratched up way more than the S2 i had, sold it 2 weeks before S5 was announced, only got half new price with 2 extra bands thrown in.
Didn't replace it as i like to just put a watch on in the morning for all day and not have to worry about it getting wrecked. They are not robust to do anything other than office work, i did wear it surfing a bit and survived. Back to my trusty seiko divers watch for now.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
On the other hand, Jerry Rig Everything is a very outspoken Apple hater. He uses every opportunity he can to bash Apple. Do we know for a fact he isn’t rigging his tests? Lol.

Quite the contrary, he actually supports Apple in a lot of ways, as matter fact, quite a few of his videos, he praises Apple for their product durability _and_ overall quality of materials. Does he become skeptical at times of Apples materials in terms of the Sapphire strength, or other specifics with the Apple Watch? Yes, he does. But that’s his job, is to be critical where it needs to be. After all, he expose his weaknesses in products that may not necessarily always be conducive to every day examples we might face, but is interesting to see the core weaknesses some products have with drop tests, scratching, impact, etc.

Reactions: Vampire14

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Quite the contrary, he actually supports Apple in a lot of ways, as matter fact, quite a few of his videos, he praises Apple for their product durability _and_ overall quality of materials. Does he become skeptical at times of Apples materials in terms of the Sapphire strength, or other specifics with the Apple Watch? Yes, he does. But that’s his job, is to be critical where it needs to be. After all, he expose his weaknesses in products that may not necessarily always be conducive to every day examples we might face, but is interesting to see the core weaknesses some products have with drop tests, scratching, impact, etc.
I wasn’t really being serious about the integrity of his tests but most of his digs at Apple come when he tests other phones, especially Samsung. It’s obvious he has an Android/Samsung bias. Not butt hurt about lol, just sayin. I do enjoy all his vids and especially commentary, even when he shreds Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.