Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BellSystem

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2022
Boston, MA
If they do support it I hope they make the bubble crap brown so everyone will turn it off on the Androids…so it’s not brown lol. It will be worse than the green bubbles.

I don’t know why bubble color is such a big deal. I have coworkers that call me when I turn off iMessage to test an SMS thing and ask “why are your bubbles green?” It’s so strange.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I have a perfectly fine experience with iMessage. Dramatic much?
I only said a chat with an Android was a bad experience on iPhone, which is the case. Good for you if you’re happy with the lack of iMessages features with Android. If you qualify this as dramatic, it’s fair to assume you’re not used to constructive criticism

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
How is it a bad experience? I'm sure I'm not missing out on anything that matters.
Try to chat with your green bubble friends and you will lack almost all the features you’d get if it was a blue bubble. For example, a group chat with all members but one having an iPhone is a bad experience for everybody involved.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
It's only a matter of time before some overzealous 'authority' steps in and forces it, you know, for the consumers. :rolleyes:
Seems they would have more luck simply getting everyone to use either WhatsApp or telegram. Kinda like how WeChat is basically the centre of everything in China.

Reactions: fourthtunz

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
As opposed to the heavily encrypted SMS…
But that’s not a bad thing?
That is; SMS is the basic fallback available if a more complex system is not available or unsuitable.
There is the option to send as SMS if iMessage fails. But if you don’t want to send a non-iMessage version; you don’t have to.

RCS shouldn’t replace SMS if there’s any trade off in compatibility, simplicity, robustness… By all means; add the “third tier” of brown bubbles that compromise, but I’m not sure theres compelling benefits.

Reactions: KeithBN

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Try to chat with your green bubble friends and you will lack almost all the features you’d get if it was a blue bubble. For example, a group chat with all members but one having an iPhone is a bad experience for everybody involved.

Just use Whatsapp

• Disagree
Reactions: ZircoBen

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Let me explain it to you. RCS would NOT replace your "precious" imessage. It would just replace the fallback from SMS to RCS when you text your android friends. This would give you end to end encrypted messaging (as opposed to the wide open texts running throught the carriers servers righr now), full size file transfer (think full size videos and photos as opposed to the totally wrecked and small photos you can only send right now), and lastly, typing indicators and delivered and read indicators (similar to how imessage works). It would greatly enhance your experience texting with Android friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.