Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Satechi today announced the launch of a new USB-C Watch AirPods Charger, which is a 2-in-1 accessory that's able to charge the AirPods and the Apple Watch.

satechi-dual-sided-charger-1.jpg

Available exclusively from Apple for $49.95, the Satechi USB-C Watch AirPods Charger has a dual-sided design. On one side, there's an Apple Watch charging puck, and on the other side, there's a Qi-based wireless charging surface that works with the AirPods.

satechi-dual-sided-charger-2.jpg

The USB-C Watch AirPods Charger can be plugged into a MacBook, iPad, or USB-C power adapter, and then the dual-sided design can charge the Apple Watch or AirPods depending on the accessory's orientation.

satechi-dual-sided-charger-3.jpg

Made from aluminum and designed to match Apple devices, the charger has a small footprint and it's perfect for tucking into a backpack or bag while on the go. It can be purchased from the online Apple Store as of today.

Article Link: Satechi Launches Dual-Sided 2-in-1 USB-C Charger for Apple Watch and AirPods

Reactions: DeepIn2U

svanstrom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2002
🇸🇪
Ooooooh. My bag needs this.

I was tempted to get the old one, but never got around to it; but this one is a must.

Then again… This is perfect for travels; but there's a pandemic. And I'll be switching to the APM as my main suchathingie; so less of a need for that side.

Oh. Damn. Too little, too late.

I hate it when I want something and my brains decides to act like an adult and tells me that I, in fact, don't need it. 😂

sidewinder3000

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2010
Chicagoland
Clever design, but I literally never charge my devices off my Mac. Too slow, and too much clutter. I have dedicated cables for all my devices all over my house that charge much faster and more conveniently than anything that comes from a Mac.

Reactions: Digital Dude

PsykX

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
I'm starting to like what Satechi became.

I have an old (maybe 4 years old) light strip here from them, still working OK but the app is not supported anymore since the last 2 years. it's a matter of months before it doesn't work anymore.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
It can't charge the iPhone? Waste of a good idea and super lazy.
Can’t charge from an iPhone either. Sure would be nice if we switched to USB C on iPhone (or had reverse charging). Well, I say “sure would be nice”, it’d actually make no difference to my life at all.

Seanmitc

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2018
Guelph, Ontario
I debated buying their separate apple watch and Airpods chargers a little while ago but didn't want to read two. It's like they read my mind, and now they're going to hose me for it :(

I just bought it, but reasonably this isn't very useful during a pandemic. Hopefully it will prove useful in the future

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
Hmmm.... $50 and I give up 50% of my ports...

I'll pass.

If you have a MBA you loose 100% of your ports, you would have to unplug your computer if its charging and any other accessory to then plug this to charge your Airpods, while a 6-inch $5 usb-c to lightning cable could charge them quicker more convenient and efficiently, while being more portable and using less space.

G5isAlive

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2003
Ooooooh. My bag needs this.

I was tempted to get the old one, but never got around to it; but this one is a must.

Then again… This is perfect for travels; but there's a pandemic. And I'll be switching to the APM as my main suchathingie; so less of a need for that side.

Oh. Damn. Too little, too late.

I hate it when I want something and my brains decides to act like an adult and tells me that I, in fact, don't need it. 😂

I'm with you. I'm the target customer, I keep a travel bag handy at all times with computer gear that never leaves the bag (except on travel), I value lightweight more than 'value' (tired of cheap crap), and always looking for multi-functional. Road warrior. Love there is no cable. Love that it is small. Had my eyes on the previous version.

But.

I tend to charge up all my gear prior to a trip (plan ahead anyone?), and have never had to charge an AirPods case on travel. Like, never. And I typically take 25 trips a year (pre-pandemic).

So yeah. This is going to be one of those rare times that I don't collect some clever kit. Well. For now.

Last edited:

G5isAlive

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2003
If you have a MBA you loose 100% of your ports, you would have to unplug your computer if its charging and any other accessory to then plug this to charge your Airpods, while a 6-inch $5 usb-c to lightning cable could charge them quicker more convenient and efficiently, while being more portable and using less space.

except it's a cable. if you don't routinely travel with a large number of devices each needing another cable to get tangled up etc... you wouldn't realize why cables of any sort are not more portable. Shrugs.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Is this first time a company has made this..

you course charge your phone wirelessly on other side no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.