Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

necroevol

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2008
Does flickr not have the option to drag photos onto the desktop or even into iphoto? I'm not a new mac user, I can save pictures from the internet normally, but have never tried it off this website before now. Normally, I just drag to the desktop or iphoto, but when I try this from flickr, it hilights the pic but I cannot move it...like, I can't even drag it off the page. Also, clicking on control to get the menu does not work either, it works with most stuff, but on this particular website (and a few others I have tried), I click on control and the pic and I get the menu to save it all kinds of ways but none of them actually work. I can save the pic to iphoto, the desktop, or wherever, by selecting "save to..".....but then when I try to find it or open it, it's either blank or the pic is just not there. :confused: I figure it's probably the website itself, maybe this option is disabled on the site? Anyone know? Thanks guys!

I have just read the post about trying to save pictures that are links to pictures and not actually pictures themselves...perhaps this is why?

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Does flickr not have the option to drag photos onto the desktop or even into iphoto? I'm not a new mac user, I can save pictures from the internet normally, but have never tried it off this website before now. Normally, I just drag to the desktop or iphoto, but when I try this from flickr, it hilights the pic but I cannot move it...like, I can't even drag it off the page. Also, clicking on control to get the menu does not work either, it works with most stuff, but on this particular website (and a few others I have tried), I click on control and the pic and I get the menu to save it all kinds of ways but none of them actually work. I can save the pic to iphoto, the desktop, or wherever, by selecting "save to..".....but then when I try to find it or open it, it's either blank or the pic is just not there. :confused: I figure it's probably the website itself, maybe this option is disabled on the site? Anyone know? Thanks guys!

I have just read the post about trying to save pictures that are links to pictures and not actually pictures themselves...perhaps this is why?

Can you post a link to the site with the picture that you can't download?

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
Sos, so much confusion! lol

You can:
-Right Click (or Command+click) the image "Save As.." or "Save To Desktop"

or

-Click (and hold), then drag it onto the desktop, into a folder, or iPhoto.

Simple as that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.