Saved money for the ipad, but dont like it

mathewr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
You saved money for the ipad, but YOu dont think YOur goING TO buy it. What are YOu gonna do with that money?

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
The next generation of Macbooks is probably right around the corner.

iPhone4 later this year...

Put in a 6 month CD so that it's gathering interest, and forces you to wait until July to buy something...

Donate it to the local foodbank/homeless shelter...

Send it to your unemployed friend on MacRumors... :D

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
Probably save up and keep it aside for the next gen one.. i mean thats purely hypo-theoritcal anyways seeing as i dont have any money anyways :)

PTP

al2o3cr

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
You saved money for the ipad, but u dont think ur gonna buy it. What are u gonna do with that money?
Take spelling lessons? Maybe a class to learn that the red underline under a word in a edit box does not mean it's "kewl"?

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
I don't know about me, but I think you should spend some of that money on a keyboard that has working "y" and "o" keys on it. Your current keyboard is clearly crap.
Take spelling lessons? Maybe a class to learn that the red underline under a word in a edit box does not mean it's "kewl"?
That's good. I'd maybe go for a print version of the forum rules. My favorite is #12.

12. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Mac in all caps or who call the iPod touch an iTouch.

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
12. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Mac in all caps or who call the iPod touch an iTouch..
You should really remember that not all members are native English speakers. When someone is too lazy and too inconsiderate to even try to spell correctly, it makes it very very hard for someone with less experience using the English language to understand it.

Have you ever tried to look up words that you don't know like "alot" or "gonna" in the dictionary?

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
I don't know about me, but I think you should spend some of that money on a keyboard that has working "y" and "o" keys on it. Your current keyboard is clearly crap.
How lazy have we become that everything is written like a text message?? What does everyone do with the "time" they save by abbreviating three and four letter words, or writing "to" when they obviously mean "too"? If we're lucky, they spend that time explaining to their kids that "ur" and "lol" are not words. The next time someone says "OMG" in a face to face conversation, I'm going to smack them in their mouth!

I apologize for the rant...so what's this about the new iPad?:rolleyes:

Corrosive vinyl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2006
spend some on something you DO want and give the rest to a useful cause of your choice. I recommend giving to a group who helps people eat and give them shelter.