Saving battery on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LaLLLy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. LaLLLy macrumors member

I was just wondering if there are any tricks to saving battery life on MacBook Pros, or just Macs in general. The reason I'm wondering is because I know of the tricks on the iPod Touch. I have turned off Blue Tooth, Screen brightness is at 50%, backlight keyboard brightness 50%, and not running unnecessary applications. Thanks in advance.

2. vant macrumors 65816

CoolBook if you are serious. I use it and I notice better temp improvements (reducing fan usage). And of course the obvious savings from the undervolting.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

That's about all the tricks there are. Except for the screen inversion one (it really only saves a percent or two though). Just press and hold ctrl+opt+cmd+8 and it will invert your screen colors. Lighter pigments wear battery down faster. Just re-do the same key commands to put the screen back to normal. Hope this helps a little :)

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

That's about all the tricks there are. Except for the screen inversion one (it really only saves a percent or two though). Just press and hold ctrl+opt+cmd+8 and it will invert your screen colors. Lighter pigments wear battery down faster. Just re-do the same key commands to put the screen back to normal. Hope this helps a little :)

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Pretty much what they said. Turns off bluetooth, lower screen brightness, I'm not sure if backlight keyboard helps or not, but I turn that off

6. LaLLLy thread starter macrumors member

Why? :confused: its so pretty :D