Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
How can i save (in iOS) a draft sms msg that ive prepared to send but didn't finish it?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I believe it stays typed up in the conversation so that it's there when you get back. You can also copy the text and paste it into a note so that you could use it later.

Reactions: zoran

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sorry i see nothing of that!
What do you mean? You type a message in the Messages app in a conversation there and then leave and come back and it's still there. Is this for an existing conversation or a new one?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Would you say Apple got careless on this to providing an easy solution? (Note is a solution but not a handy one)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Would you say Apple got careless on this to providing an easy solution? (Note is a solution but not a handy one)
I'm not sure something like "careless" would really apply here. It's just a function that Apple didn't include, like many other functions that aren't necessarily there in many other apps from many other developers. No one really covers everything that someone wants. Sometimes some options aren't typical or sometimes some implement an options while others don't.

As far as a drafts for messages, I'm not sure how typical of a feature that is for most messenger apps (as opposed to email clients for example).

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
As far as a drafts for messages, I'm not sure how typical of a feature that is for most messenger apps (as opposed to email clients for example).
Hmm I believe you are correct... thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.