Say it an't so!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mozartwon, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, it is sad. But we will all survive, these items are luxuries after all.

2. manman macrumors regular

please...PLEASE tell me this is a troll post. I can't believe anyone would be crappy enough to bring up what has been going on in Japan with their main worry being that they won't get an iPad fast enough.

seriously?..

3. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Asians again. First they bring their gangs and scalpers here to steal all our iPads, now they delay our iPads because of a little earth movement and a couple waves.

/s

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

DUDE, life goes on after the japan earthquake.. I'm sorry but my life doesn't revolve around this JAPAN thing......

Is it a horrible event? YOU BET.... But %$^# happens and you move on...

James

5. auero macrumors 65816

Yeah, those same asians are probably the same ones making them :rolleyes:

Serious with that post? or is the /s for sarcasm?

6. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Oh "/s" is for sarcasm, maybe i'm not up with my "Internets" lingo. People are getting pretty heated around here about these iPads. It's just like those Tickle Me Elmos and Beanie Babies, people are caught up in the hype. Imagine all this passion put into good use.

7. manman macrumors regular

DUDE! lol, who ever said life doesn't go on. My point is that with something RELATED directly to that tragedy all this guy is thinking about is not getting a new toy fast enough. Boo mf'ing hoo. Sorry, no sympathy here.

8. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Well s..t did happen. Looks like people will have to "move on" without an iPad 2 for a while. Good news for the rest of us. Now we can read these whimpering posts over and over about the delays for the next several days or weeks. As if 99.9% of those posting here didn't already know. Did the OP even bother to read through previous posts touching on this dated news, or like the Geico commercial, do they live under a rock?

9. Psychmike macrumors regular

I'm not sure what you mean by "move on." There are thousands of people with traumatic injuries who have not received medical care and will lose life and limbs. There are thousands of people who do not have shelter or water. The death toll will likely climb in the next few weeks.

People do not know if their loved ones are okay or dead.

All of this happened less than a week ago.

There is something wrong with your reaction that so much suffering generates only indifference. I hope you never face such a loss in your life and have others greet it with such callousness. If you learned that your parent was going to die in 6 months from cancer, would it be appropriate for someone to say 'move on' before they were even in the ground?

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Well, aren't you a toxic little snowflake? +1 to my ignore list.

11. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

This "Japan thing?????"

Life going on doesn't entitle one to being blatantly insensitive to a very tragic thing. I had a real need for an iPad 1 myself, but I'm not delusional enough to have bitched about any delays caused by such a tragic event that's still ongoing.

12. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Wow, James. You're on a roll today. In one thread you're advocating theft and in this one you're attempting to diminish a disaster that killed over 10k people and is ongoing as we speak.

Are you going to attempt the trifecta? I can't wait!

13. dacreativeguy macrumors 68010

You should care. Most stuff designed and built in America SUCKS! Godspeed, Japanese iPad materials manufacturers.:)

14. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Shame if the ipad 2 is delayed because of it.

I dont why people are getting so worked up about the whole japan thing. i remember George Klein goldfish law, that goes to say, that if 3 million chinese people dies in a earthquake you feel the same way as if your goldfish dies.

Even though its horrible, its true. Its just a media spin atm, therefor everybody feels strongly about it. Its just stupid.

Yes, its a bad thing that has happened, but it doesnt effect me. You can say im cruel, whatever, its just how the mind works.

15. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

So all those people aren't really in crisis? Or are you saying that people only give a damn because the news is actually showing us what's happening? Do you also go around proclaiming that the Holocaust didn't happen and that slavery was just a misunderstood business plan? Perhaps the Twin Towers really didn't fall, they just hired David Copperfield to make them disappear for dramatic effect.

:rolleyes:

16. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

WOW. Good luck with that complete lack of empathy and compassion. I'm sure it'll take you far in life.

17. manman macrumors regular

Hey man, thanks for the dose of perspective there. Oh no, Wait- I actually have a few family members living in the Miyagi prefecture so your assessment of how much I (or anyone else you don't know on these forums) is a little off base. Just media spin?...are you out of your mind?

The thing some people seem to be missing is- nobody is sitting here telling you life doesn't go on, or that you need to spend any time thinking about what happened. Obviously people are moving on with their lives, we're in here discussing consumer electronics. But as one person already pointed out- when you're talking about the results of a tragedy like this, I think "not getting iPad stock as soon as we'd hope" is by FAR something you 'move on and let go' about way before people losing their lives, family members, etc. Moving on is fine... but bringing up a tragedy only to highlight the completely insignificant effect it will have on you getting a toy you want... what was that little thing your post was trying to give us?...ah yeah- PERSPECTIVE.

18. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Hey, this is my oppinon of how i see it. From my perpsective. If you friends, releatives or whatever, ofcourse i would be worried aswel.

Im just saying there are more important thing happening in the world then a earthquake. starvation, environment etc etc, but where are the news about that on a daily basis.

****ing 8 yr kids selling their bodies to people etc. my point is just that its "in" to feel sorry for japan. And ofcourse its a tradegy but it doesnt effect me, its just that people care so much, even though they dont have a connection to japan just because its a heavy focus from the media/celebrities etc.

But hey, we all have different angles on a subject. I just hate people suddenly caring about news and tradegy just because its focused on in the media etc. And dont give a **** about all the other stuff thats x10 more horrible. and saying the radation is fatal is just pure dumb, while they are standing in heavy hazmat suits.

19. manman macrumors regular

I totally agree dude, 100%- and I get what you meant to express in your original comment about people only acting like they care about certain events when it's in the news unless it directly affects them.

My point is- that said... on the list of those other things more important than the earthquake/tsunami in Japan...NONE of those things is "iPad shipments delayed".

20. CerealKillers macrumors member

WTF...there are more important things? Yes child sex trafficking is a major issue but that does NOT make this tragedy any less of a problem. And I believe that many people care about children that are abused and the environment...in fact I see those topics on the news quite frequently. And how is it "in" to care about Japan, this isn't fu*king high school. You have no compassion or empathy whatsoever...borderline sociopath if you ask me.

21. edever macrumors member

Thanks for the briefing.

-- Sent from my magical iPad 2

22. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

I guess im not easily affected by people dying 54321 miles away. And that's not a weird thing.

If you know a thing or two about psychology or the goldfish law, you should know this.

Picture this, if the dog you have had for 8 years dies, you feel sad right? welll, if 3 million people die in china, you will feel the same. Trust me.

****ed up isnt it?
    This is only relative if you those 3 million people are complete strangers to you.

And i can bring up several topics that is more important then a "big" earthquake in japan. Compared to other tsunamies and earthquakes last decade, its a rather small disaster. But a disaster nontheless.

23. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Check out the video over at CNN. Long lines, shops selling out and turning away customers an hour after they open the door. iPad shortages? Nope, food and gas, in Tokyo.

24. edever macrumors member

There's this thing called tact. It's pretty cool, cuz even if you lack basic, common human empathy you can still avoid looking like a narcissistic ****** just by using some tact.

-- Sent from my magical, floating iPad 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.