SBSettings "Phone" Toggle

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by steste, Aug 11, 2010.

1. steste macrumors member

I have the SBSettings "Phone" toggle. Whenever I turn it off i get "Searching...", followed by "No Signal".

What exactly is this mode doing? When I use the iphones built in airplane mode the signal indicator disappears completely and is replaced by a plane.

Is this SBSetting doing something different?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Turning off the phone signal plus probably devouring your battery. Anytime the phone is searching for a signal, it eats alot of battery.

3. steste thread starter macrumors member

Is there a setting that actually replicates airplane mode then?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not that I know of.
    Whats wrong with Settings/Airplane mode ?
    Only two actions (touch settings, slide toggle), same as it would be for SBSettings (swipe status bar, touch toggle)

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Was there ever an sbsettings toggle for airplane mode? I seem to remember having one when I had my 3gs but maybe I'm wrong about that.

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

There was in the past. For some reason that hasn't been replicated in the latest, and for sure not on iPhone 4. I miss that one, but I have to agree, it's not as useful a toggle as some others!

7. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

8. socco macrumors regular

Opening SBSettings is a lot easier than opening Settings (especially on the lock screen). The toggle used to put my 2G iPhone in airplane mode, but with the iPhone 4 it just goes to No Service. Weird.

9. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I was about to post the same thing. I definitely miss the airplane mode from lockscreen. I get no signal at work and used that setting a lot when coming from breaks and lunch. Hopefully there is an update coming for this.

10. ender21 macrumors 6502

I believe I saw a post by BigBoss or whoever helped dev the app saying that there were no plans to add an Airplane Mode toggle, so wait for someone else to dev one or do it yourself, or something to that effect.

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm 99.9% sure I had an airplane mode toggle on my 3GS (can't figure out where the heck I would have gotten it though). Wish I could get it on my iphone 4.

12. wenglish macrumors member

On my 2G (3.1.3) the SBSettings "Phone" toggle works as expected - the airplane icon appears on the top bar, rather than "Searching" or "No Service".

13. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

you answered your own question. 2 actions more! besides, how difficult could it be to create an sbsettings toggle for airplane mode?

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yeah - it must have been the phone toggle I was thinking of. Like you said, it used to just give you an airplane icon in place of your signal strength but it doesn't seem to work that way now. Hopefully someone can fix that.

15. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

I've got a 3G on 3.1.3 and the latest SBS and when I turn the phone toggle off I get airplane mode still.

Matt

16. tivoboy macrumors 68030

3gs, 3.1.3

I have a 3gs, 3.1.3, with SBSettings, and have an phone with airplane mode logo toggle on the main screen. Puts the phone right into airplane mode, although leaves the WIFI on, so the ACTION is not the same as the regular airplane mode toggle.

17. zYxMa macrumors member

zYxMa

My "Phone" toggle also acts weirdly. I had this Plane Toggle on my 3gs and I can't find it anywhere now. WTH?

18. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I actually hope they fix it - I know its easy to do the two tap but I uses SBS for pretty much everything so having it on there is pretty nice.

19. zYxMa macrumors member

zYxMa

That's the whole point having SBSettings :D

I want it back :p

20. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

What ?
    Two actions to turn it off in airplane mode via settings (push an icon, then swipe)
    Two actions to turn it off via SBSettings (swipe then push an icon)

2=2 is the way they taught me math.

Maybe OP wants to swipe then push instead of push then swipe. Who knows ?

21. phonehead6720 macrumors newbie

Uh the benefit of having it in sbsettings is that you can switch with a swipe and a push to airplane mode to save battery from anywhere, any app, including the lock screen, which I used to do all the time when getting on the subway here in NYC. Also being in NYC with at&t coverage being as crappy as it is, and the new wonderful 'signal bar' system that is in place that always seems to show service, even when there really isn't, every now and then will find the iphone saying it has service, but no data coming through, so I'll toggle airplane mode, have it search and then get the data connection back. For some reason this trick works. Now no matter what I'm doing with the phone I have to get back to the home screen to get to my settings app first. It's MUCH MUCH easier if this is working properly in sbsettings. I personally can't wait for one of the geniuses in this forum to fix this! (If only I knew how to program I'd do it myself ;)

22. zYxMa macrumors member

zYxMa

You can access SBSettings from anywhere, so there'll always be only TWO moves, whereas to get to Settings you have to press Home Button who knows how many times to get to Settings then you have to tap on settings ans then on Plane Mode. Far two many operations :p

23. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I'm not sure why people are ao argumentative on here. There has always been a "Phone" toggle in sb settings that has A pic of an airplane and has always put the phone into airplane mode, however with iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 it's broken and the airplane toggle in sbsettings puts the phone into Searching... Clearly this isn't the design of the button, and given the past functionality and icon of an airplane it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out its purpose and that it's not doing ita intended function.

So rather than criticizing why people want it, either input something productive or don't chime in. There's lots of duplicate tasks that can be done in other places, in fact everythig in sbsettings can be, but the purpose of the app is to create a settings toggle dashboard.

Why must people thread crap. Are they that confrontational in their real lives?

I too would love to see this glitch fixed and have the airplane toggle toggle airplane mode like it's intended.

24. barneyevo macrumors member

while we're talking about sbsettings toggles, what does the 'location' toggle do?
    it seems to be off by default and i've never switched it on yet my photos are geocached and google maps finds my location.

25. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Hmmm my airplane mode toggle works as intended. Searching for a few seconds then no service.