Scandinavian iPhone 4 thread (availability, preorders, etc)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sekoitus, Jul 19, 2010.

1. sekoitus macrumors member

In Finland TeliaSonera have told the generic "iPhone 4 will be available late July" and that they are going to start take preorders once Apple have confirmed pricing and availability details.

And of course we won't be seeing SIM-free iPhone4s on Online Apple Store... would have been nice though.

How about Sweden, Norway or Denmark? Any iPhone 4 waiters in those countries?

2. sekoitus thread starter macrumors member

Telia have told in their blog the following:
    Den vita modellen av iPhone 4 kommer inte finnas tillgänglig vid lanseringen den 30 juli.
    Beräknad leverans är i början av september.
    Information kring priserna kommer nästa vecka.

Så fort vi har mer information kring lanseringen kommer vi lägga upp det på bloggen.

Source: http://www.teliaiphoneblog.se/2010/07/22/infor-lanseringen-av-iphone-4/

So.. Swedes get their black iPhones 30th July, but won't be getting the white ones. White ones will be available in the beginning of September or later.

And information regarding prices will come next week, the week of the launch..

Sucks. Sucks... Probably the same for us Finns since Telia is also part of the TeliaSonera mother company that operates and sells iPhones in Finland.

Waiting continues..

3. sekoitus thread starter macrumors member

4. novastar macrumors newbie

5. feddy84 macrumors member

Telenor in sweden had preorders 2 weeks ago or something for 699kr (90-95$ or something like that) a month with unlimited full 3g speed and free calls and sms.
    but they closed it rather quickly since they didnt know how many they would get. no other carrier in sweden have any more information but they will be launched at the 30th

6. feddy84 macrumors member

ps. im updating halebops webpage every 5 minutes in hope they will open pre orders :D

7. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Telia has said they will release prices this week, probably tomorrow I have to guess. Maybe even today.

8. feddy84 macrumors member

dustin accidently released prices :D
    6311(828,49) and 7241(950,57) or something close
    then they withdrew the prices once more hehe
    wounder if that were the correct prices.

9. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Probably, but I want the different contract prices.

10. feddy84 macrumors member

ya i want my halebop with 0 cost phone. (150)20$ month plan + (59)7,5 unlimited data + (59)7,5$ for my free sms and price plan :)

11. TobiasKM macrumors newbie

3 in Denmark are saying they will give release and pricing informations the beginning of this week. Which would basically one of the coming days :)

12. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Do you guys think we will need to stand in line for several hours?

13. feddy84 macrumors member

just preorder online. els i would think u might have to

14. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I don't want to order online because then I will get the phone later.

15. feddy84 macrumors member

true but sadly halebop dont got store thingy i belive

16. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Nope. I'm going with Telia though. Going to call my local Telia store and ask when they have released pricing if they could put my name on one.

17. sekoitus thread starter macrumors member

How about unlocked iPhones? Will we be getting sim-free iphones directly through Apple Online Store.

The press release was ambiguous, hopefully we get that option too

18. feddy84 macrumors member

halebop have released their prices. they are okey. not great but okey.
    still waiting for the rest. maybe ill switch carrier this time around

19. JReinn macrumors member

I'm on the reservation list with Telia in Denmark. They wrote that I'd get an email where I can order the iPhone from their web store, when they found out what it would cost and when it would be available. Still nothing.

20. feddy84 macrumors member

guideline prices released from apple are 5999 and 6999. (sweden)

21. softshake macrumors newbie

In Norway, unlocked iPhone 4s will only be sold through the Apple Online Store.

This according to a tweet posted less than an hour ago by Eplehuset, which is one of the largest Apple resellers in Norway. (http://twitter.com/eplehusetno)

According to their tweets these last days they have been in contact with Apple Europe to figure out whether they would be able to sell unlocked iPhones or not, and apparently the answer was no.

Don't know if it will be similar for Sweden and Denmark, but it would not surprise me.

I'm going to order it as soon as it becomes possible, and hope for a delivery before Aug 13th, which is my last day in Norway in quite a few months.

I really hope Apple is planning to have a suitable amount of iPhones available on launch day in these new countries. Although why are they expanding so quickly when they are struggling so hard to keep up supply in their primary launch markets?

22. robecq macrumors regular

robecq

Put my name down for a phone in denmark through telia about 3 weeks ago. still no email back. They have announced a big opening night on friday night at midnight. But I can't be stuffed. When the first iphone came out in DK I won a competition with telia to be the first in dk to own the iphone 3g. I was stoked until I found out that I hadn't actually won a phone, just the chance to jump the que and be the first to BUY one. I felt sorry for the poor bastards that camp outside the store for 2 days.

23. JReinn macrumors member

I'm in the same situation as you listed above (Not about winning 3G, the other one) I "reserved" a Black iPhone 4 32GB a few weeks ago, and they should have sent us an email yesterday or LATEST today, so that we can receive our phones tomorrow, or in worst case scenario on saturday. I'll be pissed at Telia if I first get my phone the week after or even later.

Edit. I've been on the waiting list since the 26th of june (over a month) and I didn't get any email. There are a total of around 35.500 people on Telia's waiting list. I could rage of not getting the phone -.-

24. sekoitus thread starter macrumors member

Norwegian and Danish Apple Online Stores have sim-free iPhone 4s available (3 weeks ship time).

Swedish or Finnish Online stores... nope.

Wtf Apple :(