Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Good point on putting them on. totally botched and invisible shield install this weekend. Going in today to have it replaced and I'm shelling out the cash for them to put it on for me.

Been there with the iPad 1. You really have to try to see the scratch, but I know where it is! Probably going screen protector sooner this time.

Achtung(Baby)

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm trying to decide between Power Support and SGP. Everyone says they love Power Support but who has experience with the SGP ones?

AllenA07

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
I have a screen protector on mine. My advice is go out and get some of the cheap ones that come 3 to a package. Go into the bathroom and turn the shower on and get the room as warm and humid as you can. After cleaning your screen with a microfiber cloth apply the first screen protector. Every time I have done this the first screen protector quickly becomes full of bubbles from dust still on the screen. Remove that first protector and apply the second one. The first screen protector essentially has acted to remove all the remaining dust from your screen, the second one therefore should go on perfectly. I don't even notice I've got one on at this point and is one less thing to worry about.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Long-time Power Support...uh...supported but there is a remarkably small difference between the PS protector on my iPad and the Monoprice protector on my iPad 3. I mean very, very small and not worth the premium.

zurichuk

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
you should get some kids....its hard to see the scratches past the jammy finger prints. I would never use a film....scratches ad character.

You should see my 2 old iPod Touches that my kids gradually and mysteriously over time took ownership of, scratched to hell, dropped, etc etc. Unbelievable but still going, robust little things.

mickeysworld

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Going with PS again, I have 3 kids at home plus another 19 in my kindergarten class! Love the crystal film. I emailed PS the other day about ipad3 availability and their reply was:

Hi,

Thank you for your email. *We are not able to confirm if the iPad 2 screen film will be compatible with the iPad 3 display. We will be able to confirm after the launch of the iPad 3 on March 16th.

For the latest information and product availability, please sign up for our newsletter or visit our website. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for your continued support!

Lindsey
Power Support USA
1426 Flower St
Glendale Ca 91201

Have heard folks are having luck with PS ipad2 protection.

Achtung(Baby)

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm more inclined to go with SGP just because they are available right now but I want to make sure they won't reduce the clarity of the new retina display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.